Feels like electricity going through my limbs - buzzing feeling

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by msgirl67, Sep 16, 2010.

1. msgirl67

msgirl67 New Member

I have been on Cymbalta for two months now, 60 mg per day in the evening with dinner. First of all, I only sleep for about 4 hours and then in and out of sleep for another 4 hours until I need to get up. I also take Lunesta right before I go to bed, which of course is not working and I will be switching to Ambien next week to see if that will help.

When I am finally able to get up in the morning, I have to sit up in bed for about 30 to 45 minutes to just stretch my limbs and move my head around. I feel like electricity is running through my veins in my arms and legs and my head is so stiff that I cannot get out of bed until I stretch the muscles in my neck and upper back. It's a buzzing feeling. It is terrible.

Does anyone else have this? I've always had the neck and upper back pain, but not the electricity buzzing feeling. I'm wondering if it's from the Cymbalta????

Thanks for comments and suggestions. I appreciate anyone that can help. I will be calling my doctor, but I wanted to see if anyone else had this feeling.

Susan
  2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

i get this electrical, kinda vibrating feeling from time to time, it's usually down in my legs
    but sometimes i can feel it in my torso area.
    don't know what it is, but theres been others on here that has it too.Just throw it in the pile with all the other wierd things that happen, and nobody knows what it is :(

Kat
  3. Johnm2

Johnm2 New Member

It might just be your immune system doing another strange thing . There's natural sleep aids that work really good. Non addictive to some extent like valerian root etc... I usually fall asleep after I take some , then take more when I wake up about 5 hrs later . They do the trick
  4. 3gs

3gs New Member

It sounds like nerve pain to me. could you have a pinched nerve?

try sleeping slightly elevated and see if this helps. I get this all over even my lips buzz! Iam not on Cymbalta.
  5. msgirl67

msgirl67 New Member

Pain doc had me do an emg last week. No pinched nerves in either arms or neck. They were wanting to see if I had carpal tunnel. I have tried the elevated sleeping, it doesn't help. I don't know what to think anymore. Thanks for all the help and suggestions!