Feels like neck not connected to shoulder

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Apr 20, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

It must have been from all the laundry I had to do yesterday after my 'accident'. I had a ton of bedding and towels, etc. I was not up for doing it, but had to.

Today I feel as though my neck is not connected to my shoulder. This happens alot and I thought I would bring it up.

I know most of us have shoulder and neck pain, but is it unusual to feel that the neck/shoulder area are having problems coordinating? I also turn my head and get load of pain on that side.

I have to blame it on the FM because I can not think of another reason (yes?)

nyrofan
  2. sherri_baby

sherri_baby New Member

I am new to this site and have not jet been diagnosed with FM or CFS but have symptoms of both and I am in the process of trying to get a diagnoses for whatever I have. There are several autoimmune diseases found in my family’s history and I have felt like I have FM for several years but in the last year my symptoms and pain have elevated immensely.
    I am not sure when you had your accident but I had a head on crash with a tree in 1995 and x-rays showed nothing at that time but a year later MRI’s showed deterioration and bulging in two different parts of my neck. If your pain continues I would suggest a MRI if you haven’t had one. Just to see what extent of damage you might have. I know how you feel. I look at my neck problems as a different ailment than the FM symptoms. I just know that they both aggravate each other.

Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Sherri
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I hung the curtains, not really holding my hands too high,as the rods were down but boy that neck and shoulder and arm kicked right in.

It was feeling better yesterday as I had rested doing much for two days.

I really symathize, seems the slightest thing sets it off.

Love Anne C
  4. Bunky

Bunky New Member

My neck and shoulders really hurt..they did a MRI and a lot of things were wrong..bulging disks and so forth..also my hips and back and ribs hurt..and my chest I am going back to the doctor tomotrrow on the results of a CT of the lungs and spline..as they called this morning and woke me from a nap..need naps a lot..the pain is terrible I wish you well and keep praying and your prayers will be answered..in His time..I have to remember that myself..also had an injection in my spine in the 7th cranial nurve..I am not sure that helped..as I still have pain all over...and they want to do it again..but it is a lot of ta do and I do not have anyone to take me..I had to asked a friend from church to take me last time..she was very nice..and I consider her a friend..have other friends..but, like many say they just sorta drift away when you never feel like doing anything..and I only work one day a week and then their is long spells I can not even do that..I have one friend that helps me a lot he takes my trash out and takes care of the trees and the firepit and flower beds and vacums for me and does dishes for me sometimes and gets groceries for me and brings food for me..so nice..so need a lot of help at times..feel funny that I can not do it all anymore as I used to..thankgoodness for friends...hope you have a great day today and every day..God Bless...Ruth ..Bunky...