Feels like pins and needles all over...driving me OUT OF MY MIND!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CockatooMom, Jul 13, 2006.

1. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I was taking a shower this morning and it happened AGAIN!!

I get this feeling of pins and needles pricking me all over my body.

A person in the medical field once told me that this was another way the body releases pain. I wonder if that is true?

I got up EARLY (for me) 6:15 am because I was itching so badly. (I think I have SHINGLES NOW!)

I am just getting over strep throat, and poison ivy/oak. I thought the newer patches were just more poison popping out.

Well, am making appt with doc ASAP this morning to confirm shingles.

Has anyone else ever had this sensation or experience?
    I have had it off and on for a few years now.

Signed,
    Itchy and miserable...CockatooMom
    [This Message was Edited on 07/14/2006]
  2. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

I have had pins and needles for about two months. The doctors are "just watching me" to see where it goes. I have no idea what it is. I have never had shingles. Does not shingles tingling only happen where you break out with the rash?
    Let us know...
    Wishing you the best...

Melinda
  3. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

I had them alot in the beginning of this illness (CFS). It was just one in a long list of crazy symptoms I would try to explain to my doctors. Anyway, I get them now and then even now when I over do or am in alot of stress, but not for as long or as intense.
    Barb
  4. TAM

TAM New Member

HI Cockatoomom,

First I want to say how very sorry i am for you that your going threw an extra rough time, GEEZ i can't believe you have to suffer with strep throat and posion ivy on top of already feeling miserable enough without additional added pain.

My goodness and to top that off you think your getting shingles oh i hope not. I have never suffered with shingles myself but my mom has and oh she was just in misery from all the pain.

I hate to shower yes i know exactly what your talking about only mine is daily i have'nt taken a shower yet that did'nt hurt really bad it feels like tons of needles going threw my skin it feels like that just when i wash my hands too. I feel for you its painful and nerve racking.

also when the wind blows my hair it feels like razors going threw my scalp needless to say i try to avoid windy days.

I'm so sorry your feeling so bad when it rains it pours huh! like you did'nt already have enough pain from your fm and everthing else, you have to get strep throat and posion ivy and shingles. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.I truely wish that i could reach threw this computer right now and snatch your pain away i would if i could in a heartbeat. take care. i wish you better health and lots of happiness! TAMMY