FEET AND HANDS TURN RED

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by momof27, Jul 16, 2009.

1. momof27

momof27 New Member

PLEASE DOES ANYONE KNOW WHATS GOING ON, DO YOU THINK ITS MY HEART? THEY ARE NOT SWELLING BUT GET REALLY RED ON THE BOTTOMS AND ON THE PALMS, ITS BEEN GOING ON FOR A MONTH NOW.
  2. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

i would not ignore this and make a doctor appointment soon and discuss all.
    Especially since this has been going on now for a month, please talk to your doc soon.
  3. daylight

daylight New Member

Raynauds phenomenon is a pretty common and most time harmless. However it is a circulatory
    problem and should be watched . Raynauds (if this is whats happening with you) can happen along with some autoimmune diseases. Here is a link so you can read more on it.
    http://arthritis.about.com/cs/raynauds/a/Raynauds.htm

I've had raynauds for several years now . I also have RA too . My grandmother had Raynauds and my daughter also has it. BUT please get this check as it is also could be a sign of a heart condition or high blood pressure,anxiety ect......... Try not to worry yourself by thinking the worse.
    See your doctor as soon as you can.

D.
  4. momof27

momof27 New Member

thank you, I didn't think about raynauds, my sister has it.
  5. daylight

daylight New Member

it runs in families . My hands and feet sometimes turn so blue that the look like there bruised.
    Also people with diabetes get this problem sometimes too.
  6. steach

steach Member

High blood pressure. I can tell when my pressure is up by my hands and feet being reddish and feeling hot. Sometimes I just wish I could soak my feet in ice water.

After reading the other posts, maybe we both need to speak with our doctors!

Steach