FEET & HAND PAIN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kittycamcj, Jan 12, 2009.

1. kittycamcj

kittycamcj New Member

I HAVE PAIN IN MY HANDS AND FEET. I'M THINKING IT MIGHT BE RELATED TO FIBROMYALGIA.
    DOES ANYONE ELSE DEAL WITH THIS?
    CAROL
  2. daylight

daylight New Member

I don't think that it's related to FMS but I could be wrong. I can be anything from RA,carpal tunnel (hand) or tarsal tunnel (feet),osteo arthritis,tendinitis. This is just a few things. I have severe hand and feet pain due to RA . I would talk to your Rhuemy . Hand and foot pain can also be neurological also. It's worth getting it checked out.

D.
  3. kittycamcj

kittycamcj New Member

THANKS FOR THE INFO.
    CAROL
  4. loto

loto Member

Hi kitty, yes I used to experience pain in my hands and feet daily. So, i took several vicodin throughout the day and finally the pain would subside enough to be able to function and not moan and groan constantly. But, within the past few months, my FM pain seems to have gone away, at least the chronic pain. BUT, I've developed other problems, such as digestive/stomach problems, cognitive problems, etc., that has gotten my 100% attention. Not sure why the chronic pain has lessened, but i won't complain about it!! So, in answering your question, YES, hand and feet pain can be related to fibromyalgia. Sorry you're in pain! Just do what you have to do to make it better!!!!! Hang in there, it's possible that it will "go into hiding" and give you some relief!!!! This is such a mysterious disease to me, and confusing also. Just stay on Prohealth's message boards!! That's where I've found most of my support and information!!!
  5. loto

loto Member

I agree with the fact that hand pain can be anything, including carpal tunnel. In my case, I've come to the conclusion that my hand and feet pain is due to fibro, because of the neurologist I went to. Ok, a couple of years ago, before I was diagnosed with fibro, i had a nerve conduction test and he said i had carpal tunnel in my left hand. then, 1 year ago I had another nerve conduction test, and he said I had carpal tunnel in my right hand. Does anyone know if carpal tunnel just goes away for no reason and then appears in the other hand the next year??? It just didn't make sense to me at all. I just don't think his diagnosis was correct. It was then that I was convinced to find out what the real problem of all my aches and pains was, and finally found out I have fibromyalgia. So, while I believe tests to rule out other problems is necessary, please always get more than one doctor's opinion, especially if you feel something more is wrong.