feet hurt when laying in bed-how to elevate sheets?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by judywhit, Jun 26, 2003.

1. judywhit

judywhit New Member

does anyone else have this problem. my feet and ankles just ache due to the pressure of the sheet and one thin blanket on them. I wonder how I could make a devise that would get them off of my feet. any suggestions? does any company make such an item?
    thanks great folks!
  2. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

I always see items sold in health catalogs that
    do just that. I think it must go underneath your
    mattress and it is like a metal frame that lifts
    everything off of your body.

Have you done a web search?
    I will try to find some for you.

I am back:

This is what I mean:
    You can see it by going to
    Dr.Leonard's website and putting
    the item number in the blank box.

Blanket Support
    Item Number: 22913
    $8.99.... $7.99

Do you like the warmth of a blanket, but don't like the weight and pressure of the covers on your feet? This sturdy steel blanket support fits between your mattress and box spring to raise the covers up and off your legs and feet. The support is 10 1/2" wide and 17 1/4" high.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/26/2003]
  3. judywhit

judywhit New Member

thanks dear Lynn. I am off to that site now to purchase.
    your terrific,
  4. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Glad I could be of some help!
    At first I couldn't find it. I wasn't calling
    it the right thing! LOL

5. pearls

pearls New Member

I fold a large bath towel in half lengthwise and roll it up. Then I place it inside the sheets at the end of the bed. It is not quite high enough to clear my toes, but I am a lot more comfortable when I use it because there is less pressure on my toes in spite of the fact it doesn't completely clear. I found this idea in on of Dr. Starlanyl's books.

6. sofy

sofy New Member

Dont tuck the sheet in. Leave it loose so there is nothing pulling it down but its own weight. Helps a little.
  7. franners

franners New Member

If you have the sheet/blanket held up on the bed post with a big rubber band or string it might work or a pillow by your feet..
    Just a thought......
  8. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I have 2 mattress on my bed, and at the end of my bed, I have 2 of thoes Storage Tub's w/lids. I put a comforter on top of the boxes.

I take the Backrest Pillow that I use when awake, the kind with the arm's?, and I place it at the foot of my bed, turned around so that the neck part holds up the sheet, the padded body of the pillow helps to keep me from sliding off the bottom, and gives me room to dangle my feet off. without cutting off circulation.

The extra Blanket or comforter under the Pillow add's warmth, cause my feet are always cold, and when my feet and ankles plus my skin hurt, I can't wear socks.

I tried the Frame, my Mom bought a lot of useful things from Dr. Lenoard's, they still send me catalog's in her name. oh well, that's their expense. Anyway it left a draft on my feet, so I could use it. Gave it to my Sister, who has her legs wrapped from the bad bought she had with Cellutisis, works great for her, she's alway's Hot, and hates to wear shoes, Hence the cellulitis, sp her legs and feet are real touchy right now.

9. KangaMan

KangaMan Member

You must try the ergonomically superior Kangapoda top sheet and blanket. Once you have used them, you will never want to go under a plain old top sheet and blanket ever again. They have a patented canopy that lies flat when not in use but drapes your feet when you're reclined on your back watching TV, sleeping, etc.