feet hurt?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kittycamcj, Mar 27, 2006.

1. kittycamcj

kittycamcj New Member

does anyone have troble with there feet hurting. i have fibro and arthritis, could that have something to do with it. if someone has this problem with there feet, please let me know. thank,
    take care,
    carol
  2. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

My fibromyalgia diagnosis also came with an additional diagnosis of osteoarthritis in my feet - so yes!

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
    [This Message was Edited on 03/27/2006]
  3. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi carol...my feet hurt just about every time I get up. They feel swollen a lot of the time and the first few steps are made gingerly. I don't know why...I just chalked it up to fibro. At times I have thought that I have plantar fasciitis (sp?).

I have regular massages, and my massage therapist always comments on how "gristly" my feet feel...crunchy even. Yuck....good luck...Ann
  4. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

that was the first thing that settled with rheumatoid arthritis, and fm....it really does hurt, but my feet are better, just so stiff that i stumble and fall if not careful...
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

My feet hurt and it's from fibro. I have arthritis but not in my feet and no diabetes, etc. Just the old FM.

I'm sorry you have this. I especially have a hard time after sitting or lying for a bit.

Take care.....

Hope you feel better knowing others suffer along with you and this isn't something weird. I'm sorry we all have this trial.

Sue
  6. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Yes, I have plantar fasciitis and a heel spur.

June
  7. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

It is a common symptom of FM/CFS, but it's highly treatable.

The #1 fix for chronic sore feet is pantothenic acid. this is because we are prone to being deficient in this important part of the B complex stress vitamins. After all what is more stressful than chronic pain and 50 other ailments to our syndrome, and B5 (p.a.) is the most crucial of the stress vitamins, but is also essential for muscle/nerve conduction. Hence there can be pain if the connection is faulty.

Detoxing is another reason for foot pain. The pores of the feet are large and is a major pathway for detoxification, this can hurt. It get it all the time, since I'm chemically sensitive, when I've been out and inhaling allergens for too many hours.

To detox faster, I take protein digesting enzymes, drink dandelion tea, or take a lemon foot bath. I dont' have a fancy massager kind, so I use a pot, and it feels heavenly and smells great. You can also use many other detoxers, like milk thistle, OLE, grapeseed, glutathione, NAC, etc. I eat extra raw veggies and drink more tea, this helps alot too.

For quicker relief, I rub Traumeel cream on my feet, works quite well and quick.

Jeanne
  8. kittycamcj

kittycamcj New Member

thanks to everyone that replied to my message.
    take care,
    carol
  9. pooliegirl

pooliegirl New Member

yes my feet hurt

they hurt like hell

never had a day in last 6 years that i was pain free in my feet

it has improved though since i started taking 5HTP (Hydroxytriptophan)

Doc prescribed Amitriptyline but not taking it, dont want to get hooked.

Went to health food store and bought 5HTP sleeping a lot better and a lot longer with it.

DONT TAKE THIS IF YOU ARE TAKING ANY PRESCRIBED MEDS WITHOUT CHECKING WITH DOC FIRST.

My pain varies in type from feeling like i am walking on tennis balls to having no flesh between skin and bone

Some times it is burning or stabbing or throbbing

some times i feel like someone is forcing a knitting needle up my heel ect ect

I do sympathise because you cant enjoy doing anything, and i work in a job where i am on my feet all day.

I cant walk when i get home.

[This Message was Edited on 03/31/2006]
  10. babygirl44

babygirl44 New Member

Yes my feet hurt all the time and legs that is where most of my pain is
  11. labrat59

labrat59 New Member

Especially after a busy day at work I can barely walk to my car, I walk like an 80 year old woman. Feet feel numb and swollen especially on my right side.
    Lisa
  12. babygirl44

babygirl44 New Member

Thank you all