Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JOYCE3127, Aug 15, 2008.

1. JOYCE3127

JOYCE3127 New Member

I have had FM for 20 years, stayed home to raise children. Recently i go back in the working force. I have noticed MAJOR FEET PAIN. HURT DOWN TO THE BONE, ACKED FOR HOURS AFTER WORKING 8 HOUR. I WOULD LIKE A REPLY ID U HAVE EXPERINCED FEET PAIN AND SORENESS.

2. kking0412

kking0412 New Member

no longer able to work but feet hurt and have unexplained transient severe heel pain no one can explain so far. flip flops are my friend (see LL Bean for winter flip flops)
  3. colorfulcolorado

colorfulcolorado New Member

I stand on my feet 8 hours a day also. And about once or twice a week I get a massage-now my massage therapist understands FM so he concentrates on where I hurt that day, but he always takes the time to rub my feet and legs and finds those little knots and tries his hardest to rub them out. When I don't or can't afford a massage I take a coke bottle or tennis ball and rub them that way on the floor. Then take a nice bath, or put a really nice foot cream on them or both. Oh, and get a really good pair of shoes-that's most important, no matter what the cost or what they look like, they have to be comfortable!!! And change them back and forth every couple of days. With the FM I've got way more shoes than I like but I need comfort. Hope this helps!
  4. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

That was actually one of my first symptoms and after sixteen years it seems to have returned with a vengeance.

Does yours feel as if they are stone bruised? Or as if the bones themselves are bruised? You really have my sympathies.

I have wondered if those shoes insoles would help any? I know I don't dare try going barefoot anymore.
  5. JOYCE3127

JOYCE3127 New Member

Thank you for the tips on foot and leg massages. You are the first person that has describe the muscle with small knots, that is what i have been experising. The foot exercize with the bottle or ball, i trying and it felt wonderful. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS I BELIEVE THIS WILL HELP ME TREMEDEROUSLY.
  6. hoov

hoov New Member

I would get out of bed in the morning or after a nap and not be able to walk, I would hobble around for about 1/2 hour. My whole foot hurt right to the bone and my body tried to compensate and my ankles and knees started to give me trouble. I finally went to a podiatrist to see if there was anything that would help and found out I have bone spurs on both feet. My insurance paid for orthipedics and they have made a world of difference. I highly recommend them. Before I went to the podiatrist I tried a bunch of over the counter inserts and they did nothing. I did however go to the Good Feet store and get some expensive inserts which work as well as the orthipedics. I still cannot be on my feet as much as I use to, but the pain is so much more manageable. Most of my back pain went away also.

What I seem to be having alot of trouble with now is my arms and hands. I feel like something is tearing in my shoulder if I move a certain way. My wrists hurt on the outside like I hit my bone or something. The rheumatologist told me fm does not affect the hands and feet but from the posts on this board I think she is wrong.
  7. wanderingbluedragon

wanderingbluedragon New Member

Foot pain, hand pain, arm pain, belly pain. If there is anything this dd has taught me, that no matter how bad you think the pain is now, it can always get worse. I tell my friends that it is just my body and that it loves to surprise me with pain in places I never knew existed. I miss the days before my illness.

8. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

OMG My feet hurt sooooo bad sometimes. All of my toes feel like they are broken and the bottoms feel like I am walking on glass. Good luck.

9. forfink

forfink New Member

I hear you Wendy!!!! And everyone else! 20 years for me too.

Like others on this board, I believe the FM has settled in most places in our bodies. The feet can have as many tight nodules as our shoulders, neck and backs.
    After practicing yoga for many years, I too started having such sore feet I can no longer walk around my house without some kind of shoe on. Hurts too much, need the support.
    Went for an xray of my knee for a check up from a broken bone and had my really bad foot xrayed. {Diagnosis} bone spurs of the toes.....I knew I wasn't crazy.

So all the over stretching and flexation I was doing in Yoga was actually making it worse! Who knew?

Taking an anti-inflamitory and being gentler on my feet, they do feel better after taking better care of them.

But massage of all those nodules on the foot makes you realize just what a mess our feet are. ouch!