Feet problems!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Maribelle, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Maribelle

Maribelle New Member

Hi! I haven't been on here for quite awhile. So good to be back and catch-up :) I recently went back to work full time as an asst store manager for a women's boutique. I am going into my 4th month of employment. Since I am on my feet all day and doing lots of walking, I have lost weight and have not had any bad flares in 3 months!!! I think the exercise has helped me tremendously! The problem I am having is terrible feet problems.

1) Lost my two pinkie toe nails from the pressure of shoes. I tried all sorts of shoes. I didn't care if they were pretty or not! None have helped!

2) I bruised (possible broke my third toe while walking barefooted in the store. I hit the edge of a clothing rack. That injury caused me to severly bruise my toe and lost my toenail.

3) The balls of my feet hurt sooooo bad!!! I have tried everything and bought several shoe inserts. Nothing has helped.

I can't do anything when I get home from work. I go straight to bed. Sometimes, I soak my feet in epsom salts and rub tiger balm on them. This helps but the next day...it starts all over again.

I have an appt with my doctor tomorrow for a physical and I plan to mention it. I was just wondering if any of you have had similar problems and what has helped.

I would appreciate your feedback :)

2. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I lose my pinkie toenails quite often. I'm not on my feet anymore and wear bedroom slippers all day and they still come off. The only thing I can suggest is to ask your doctor to refer you to a podiatrist. They can write a prescription for shoes that will be fitted to your feet.

I went to one a couple of months ago to have some calluses removed. You take the pres. to a store that sells corrective shoes. Some insurance policies will cover all or part of the cost. This may solve your problem. I hope you check it out. GB66