Fell asleep in front of boss and co-worker!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by phoebe1, Nov 28, 2005.

1. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

Yesterday I was SO fatigued the whole day and at about 14:00 was called to my boss's office so that me and another co-worker can learn a new computer program that he wrote, that I'm supposed to be in charge of.
    The whole time I was sitting next to him I struggled to keep my eyes open and I was rocking back and forth with his voice sort of droning on in the backgroud.

I can not tell you how extremely exhausted I felt, I felt like I was going to be sick if I didn't lie down, finally my body couldn't stay awake anymore and I basically fell of my chair, it was so embarrassing!!
    I had to come up with an excuse, luckily it looked like they believed me, but oh man that feeling like I'm going to lose consciousness and only wake up after 2 days while struggling and using all my willpower to try and stay awake, it is just horrible.

I also had a headache the whole day so after work I went to the pharmacy to measure my BP and it was 72/54! I've always had low BP but the last couple of months it has been too low, I ate a big bag of crisps and made myself turkey with lots of salt, I felt so much better that I went to gym!
    I know this is not the case with everyone but headaches and fatigue can definitely be a result of low BP, have it checked regularly.

Phoebe
  2. rigby

rigby New Member

I went to sleep during a CPR class at work and the instructer could not help but rub it in. Then I almost fell asleep during jury duty. Can't sleep when you want to but can at the wrong times.
  3. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

Thanks for the replies, I still can't believe I fell out of my chair, I've fallen asleep in meetings before but this is a first for me.
    I just told them that I was ducking a bee and lost my balance LOL, luckily there really was a bee in the office :)

Phoebe
  4. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I have a friend here in the states from South Africa.Her name is Jean.I don't know her maiden name before she married a man here in the states.Her daughter Michelle is married to a doctor,they live in a fishing village,they have 2 children.In your profile I read you were a pharmasis, I just thought this may be a small world after all.I got a laugh out of your story about falling asleep.I know it is not a funny situation.I have been under so much stress at times I would fall asleep while driving.I finally had to get some help and stop driving long distances.Try to get more rest.((((((HUGS))))))atiledsner.
  5. silky17

silky17 New Member

We were warned at the beginning of the course NOT to fall asleep or we would be sent home and would have to come to another class. I presumed we had to pay for it too.

I got lucky and a guy I was setting next to kept hitting me with his arm and telling me to wake up. Whew........close one.

I also fell asleep in many a meetings. I would have to go out to my car and and take cat naps. It was horrible. Then coming back into work and starting a new day over. Wake-UP!

Had friends who woke me up so I wouldn't be late.

Such fun huh guys? :)

Deb