Fell Down

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jewels920, Jun 30, 2008.

1. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

I've been doing so well! Then, at work, I'm in the WOMEN'S bathroom and I slip and bust my a$$ on some kind of oily substance all OVER the floor.

Turns out, one of my officers who is riding the bike today, covered himself in spray tanning oil in there before he went out.

Dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit!!!!

It hasn't set in yet. But it will.

HURTIN New Member

Awwww Jules

Hugz! I'm so sorry to hear about your fall and I pray that you recover quickly with little or no pain. Just when you think your plate is full, something else always manages to slip in. (sighs) Be well.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/30/2008]
  3. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

I think I'm more mad than hurt!

But tomorrow may be another story...

Thanks for the kind reply!

4. cookie1960

cookie1960 New Member

You said you fell down at work? Did you file a report? No matter what the circumstances (even some idiot's tanning spray), you should always fill out a report with your HR department if you fall at work.

You never know if you need an xray or a few days off because of your spill. This happened to me once - fell on the floor after being mopped at work - my employer insisted I go to doctor as it was company policy. (I did NOT want to go).

Turns out my knee was slightly damaged and the doctor made me take a few days off with knee elevated. My employer picked up all the bills.

Just a thought.

5. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

Just know that I'm thinking of you. I HATE falls too--especially when they could have been prevented. Do you want a posse mounted to go search for the thug with the tanning spray? We'll make him tote you around while you heal--or better yet--do your work!!

I mean it, I'm really sorry. Rest up this evening.

6. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

and especially over something so maddening-someone else's tanning oil. Yuck! I hop you heal quickly and don't flare.

Soft hugs,
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

so sorry-

I have fallen 2 times in the last week and a half. Once was on my head and once was on the steps in front yard. I am so sore and I bet you are too.

8. poets

poets Member

I'm so sorry to hear you took a tumble. It makes you wonder what on earth people are thinking sometimes!! One moment of carelessness can cause days of problems for others. Hope it's not too bad.

9. jaba520

jaba520 New Member

you are doing okay, I cant imagine the pain of a fall. And i would be super duper P**sed at the person who put that stuff on the floor. I agree though you should fill out something with your employer about the accident.

10. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

For all the replies. And, yes, I filed a report. Kinda made my boss look at me twice like I was gonna sue or something but, oh well.

I am flaring a bit but it's not nearly as severe as what I was bracing for...I'm getting by. Thankfully, I have the Friday holiday off so only one more day to get through.

Yes, I too am amazed at the lack of consideration of others. I try my best to be patient, though, because nobody REALLY understands what I go through but me. By the same token, I don't understand other people's conditions as well as they do, either. I can empathize, but I can't really understand what another person goes through because I'm not in their body living their life. It works both ways.

When I'm flaring and doing my monster walk through the office, the same people I work with day in and day out ask me, "What's the matter?" LOL Yeah. Same thing that was the matter yesterday, and the day before, and the day before...but you all know how that goes. My pain isn't on their minds as much as it's on mine.

Wishing everybody many blessings and much wellness!