Fell off my horse but still feeling good

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ldbgcoleman, Aug 10, 2006.

1. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I have not been here for a while. Partly because I am so much better and busy with life! I have been going to FFC for over a year now. I did antibiotic treatment for EBV and mycoplasma. I am happy to say both are looking great. Latest test results are excellent.

The bad news is I had a bad fall from my horse and broke a couple of ribs. I have really worried about what an injury would do to me or if it might make my symptoms come roaring back. It will be three weeks on Friday and I am feeling pretty good. I am sore as all get out. But my energy level is great. I am tentively relieved.

One of the things I vowed to do if I got better was still come to the site if anyone had questions about the type of treatment I got at the FFC and to update my recovery.

On the horse front I am ready to ride again but I have to wait 5 more weeks. I miss it so much. Instead of worrying about getting back on I am scheming to buy another horse! I have a really sweet 14 year old girl who has been riding Nightingale taking care of her and she calls me daily with updates. I went and watched her ride her dressage lesson on Tuesday and am going to watch her jump on Saturday.

Never give up on finding treatment keep searching. Fire your Dr if you aren't getting help. Be proactive in your treatment and try to keep the things you love in your life!

Best wishes to everyone,
    Lynn
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

I am so glad you are doing well and that you have found a treatment plan that is helping you that is great.

I am sorry you fell from your horse and glad you are OK. I love to ride but haven't done it in ages.

I am sure others will belong to say Hi shortly.

Take care,

Karen :)
  3. horselover2

horselover2 New Member

i was wondering how you've been doing? sorry to hear about your fall & injury, but glad to hear your illness is nder control.
    i am hoping to try the FFC in Conn. that is closest to me, but no one has given me any input on that particular center.
    i still dream of being well enough to ride and and eventually get my own horse.
    good luck to you,
    keep us posted
    anne
  4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I have 3 horses just waiting to be riden! I have FM/CFS and Lyme disease. I go to the FFC in Atlanta, and have been for nearly 8 months. So far I feel worse. But the doctor did say I would feel a lot worse while we cleared my body of virsuses and lyme, before I would start to get better. So hopefully someday soon I will turn the corner and start to get well. I hope so. I am glad to hear you are doing better, it gives me hope!

Take care!
    Kellyann
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

that you're on the mend! Be careful not to overdo, let yourself heal, and you'll be back on that horse in no time! Love, Terri
  6. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Thanks for the support! and KellyAnn if you have Lymes it is gonna take you alot longer to heal. I was so lucky I have not had to fight that battle! You be back riding eventually. Even going to the barn and smelling the smells, talking with my buddies and just hanging out and giving Nightingale treats was pretty darn good.

Horselover Keep looking for answers try not to give up!

Don't worry I am not getting back on to soon. My husband freaked out when I fell. I had the ambulance and the whole deal. He will kill me if I get hurt agin especially if I get on before I get the Drs OK. I also do not want to reinjure myself as broken ribs really really hurt!

Take care Lynn
  7. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Now that's a TRUE Horselover!!

Hoping your healing allows you to ride soon........

LIGHT**********carole