fell on ice last night .....Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kalley167, Dec 14, 2005.

1. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

Well I was leaving my son's chior concert and wham I was laying on my back in the parking lot. My purse went about 6 feet away adn my keys flew in the opposite direction, my cell phone also took off out of my purse. My husband and son were right there to help me up. But oh the pain that shot through my hip and wrist. They made me go to the ER. I hate that place. Anyways we were there for 3 1/2 hrs for them to tell me I have a bad sprained wrist and a deeply bruised hip bone.
    man I hurt everywhere now. It has thrown me into a flare. I drug myself into work as I don't have any more sick daysbut I wish I could just lie down. I am having shooting pain in my hip and arm. I am having to type with one hand. I want to cry. My toes even hurt. And I can feel the fog moving in. I didn't need this. I have a splint on my arm so things aren't easy.
    I know I am hurting but I have to admit I must have been a sight lying there in the parking lot holding up traffic. I have to painfully laugh. I guess at least I have kept my humor with this DD. But everyone beware Ice is EVIL !! LOL
  2. darude

darude New Member

Thats what I'm afraid of. I have very little balance so is too dangerous for me to walk on ice. Unfortunately we get a lot of snow and ice in Calgary so have to stay in!!!
  3. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

thats terrible ! Im sorry you have to work on such a horrible day. you must be in alot of pain. hope things get better for you and Yes that ice is evil..lol
  4. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I am trying to take it easy here at work. Thankfully this is our slow time of the year so I can slack some. 4 more hours then I am going home to bed.
  5. libra55

libra55 New Member

Ouch! I could just feel it. I did it myself a few years ago on my front steps it was black ice and i did not know, my legs shot right out from under me and I went down the stairs on my back.

I am glad you didnt break any thing and I wish you well in recovering, I know how much pain you're in believe me. Take care.

Michelle
  6. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I will definitly be in the tub when I get home. Hubby even called to check on me and told the other girls in the office no one is to let me outside alone . It made me laugh, even though it hurt to do so, but if we don't laugh we will cry, right.... Thank you all for being so kind and caring. TLC for me tonight !!!