FELLOW FFC Members- Cindy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pumpkinpatch, Oct 7, 2005.

1. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Do any of you have more pain? It seems to be getting worse! also checked my tongue this morning and definitely white film.

I'm taking antibiotics and tested positive for yeast.

I'm going to be a twig after this weight wise since now I'm not eating any junk or sweets.

I e-mailed the doctor for her opinion. Those pain meds don't work, make me nauseaus!

This is discouraging. I have more energy but pain has magnified.

Cindy

2. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

I have only had one appointment with the FFC, but I do understand what you mean about the pain. I am going to get some crutches because the fibro in my feet is so bad.

What meds do you use for pain? I take elavil and Neurontin, Soma, but they aren't working very well.

My tongue always has a white film on it, but the FFC doctor said no to Candida, so go figure. My energy does seem better with the million Supps. I take, but not the pain.

Have you tried any warm water pool exercises? This has helped my neck and back pain somewhat. Maybe you could get Physical Therapy for that?

I feel frustrayed along with you.....
    -Laura
  3. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

Maybe the increase pain is a sign that toxins are leaving body!!

I got one of their muscle pain IV's and it increased my pain for a couple of days and then I had 2 pain free weeks. It is creeping back in now. How about trying the hot bath with epsom salt I have seen posted, maybe by Mikie?

(((HUGS)))

Dani
  4. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

Hi Cindy,
    Hope you are feeling better! There is a FFC opening up about 1.5 hours from me at the end of the month, and I was going to go...What exactly can I expect?
    Jessica
  5. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I'm going for my 3rd appointment next week at the Seattle FFC. I have had more pain, but I've attributed it to the increased energy from the vitamins and hormones. With more energy, I'm doing a lot more (still not much) and awake or at least out of bed longer during the days. I guess toxins getting loose in my blood could also be the culprit.

I have been able to mostly control the pain with hydrocodone 10mg, but I've been taking it every day, which isn't something I want to do. Last week the pain ramped up and I called my doc at the FFC for help. She wrote a prescription for oxycodone for break through pain. I haven't had to use that yet.

What are you taking for pain, Cindy? Herbs? I had something for sleep that was herbs and I gave up on that--the terrible taste kept waking me up! I just started on Progeterone and it makes me very tired, so will help with sleep.

I tried PT, but gave that up when the pain really got worse from it. Gentle massage helps, but sometimes only for the hour I'm there. The bath with 3C epsom salts and 3 16oz bottles of hydrogen peroxide really works for pain for an hour or two. Takes it right away.

I've ordered Cherryflex pills. Made from tart cherries, I've heard good things about them for pain. They should be here soon. I'll let you know if they work. I understand they are available at Kroeger's now.

Jessica, if you do a search for FFC, you will see a number of detailed reports from some of us. Check out the one by Dncnfngrs.

Also, you might read posts from lbgcoleman (Lynn is her name and I might have the username all wrong.) She has been going to an FFC for 6 months and is so well that she's taking salsa dance lessons and riding horses!

This is hard, but it sure beats doing nothing. If something doesn't work for you, I'm pretty sure the doc at the FFC where you are will go all out to find something that does.

Did any of you have B12 shots? I tried one and slept for days afterward. I didn't have much happen after an IV either.

My fingers won't stop typing! Yikes!

Take care!

Francie
  6. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

I'm sorry to hear that it's escalating. I don't know what would cause that, but I do know that sometimes we have to feel worse before we feel better...probably not what you wanted to hear right now!

Are you taking something for the yeast? I took flucanazole and definately felt much worse, including body aches and pains. Could that be playing a part?

Yes, the not eating junk and sweets could drop some weight for you, are you thin already? But, you will be replacing these empty foods that rob us of our health, with foods that increase our life energy and vitality. You will find a balance. What foods are you eating now? Are you including food with good fats, like salmon, nuts, avocados? Are you getting enough calories?

I'm also a skinny girl, and lost even more weight when I stopped eating wheat and dairy, and then went on the candida diet (went from 118 to 104, 5'5"). My ND suggested I try something called "Thin Oil" by Thorne. It's a short-chain fat that helps you burn carbs (gives you energy), but curbs the weight loss...not sure how it does that!

About the pain meds...were you taking something previous to these that worked? If not, I think that some meds work better for some people, and others better for others. Sometimes we have to try them to find out.

By all means talk it out with your Dr. at the FFC. That's what they are there for. I have also found that talking to a pharmacist may help with getting some information about the pain medication and how it's affecting you.

Hope you feel better soon.
    Hugs,
    Hopeful4
  7. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

It's discouraging because it seems like everything I try doesn't work and I've spent a whack of money in the process!!

My pain has not dimenished one bit since starting at the FFC. The fuzzy head and low energy has definitely improved thanks to the hormones, thyroid, progesterone, DHEA. That's one good area! Now I know that it's the infections that are weighing me down!!

I have not had the full infectious panel but tested positive for the ones I did. I'm asking her about testing for all of them. I might also need to be on antivirals.

Dr. Labair prescribed oxycodone and I have lots but can only tolerate 1/4 to 1/2 because it flattens me! So nauseaous.
    Also sleep has never been a problem for me but with the increased I seem to be waking up more during the night.

Francie I had my B12 tested and it was fine, also Growth Hormone (produced during sleep) was optimal. So you see there are some areas that aren't bad.

Hopeful: I weight about 112, 5'4" tall. Already small so this no sugar and junk will be hard but I have to smarten up with my diet and your right add more fish. I've been on dyflucan for 4 months plus the accillpus (sp)

With everything I've taken I think I'm the healthiest unhealthy person around! Anyone else!

Thanks again
    I know I could depend on everyone here.

Cindy

[This Message was Edited on 10/07/2005]
  8. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

I did the search FFC. That is great information for me! I am excited about going to the FFC at the end of this month now. I was aware of the costs associated with it, but was more concerned about effectiveness.
    I have some specific questions maybe you all can help me with..
    Do the FFC's have specific research showing "jump start" of Mitochandria? Invetro/Invivo....Controlled Studies

What is the method of evaluation of viruses for bacteria and yeast? Culture, Antigen testing, antibody testing?

How do they treat the actual viruses?

Thanks for your feedback!
    Jessica
  9. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

You have found the right place! and you will find out so much about your health!

They take blood tests for just about everything.

Initial blood work which could include CMP, B12, fibrin, IGF, thyroid, thrombotic marker, NK cell activity, cortisol, dhea, hemoglobin, pregnenolone, then female hormones and infectious panel.

The infections are treated with anitibiotics antifungals and antivirals depending on what they find with your blood results.

They jump start the system with all the vitamins, supplements, sleep, clearing up infectious etc. It all works together.

Cindy

10. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

My candida blood test recently showed positive for yeast. Yes I've been taking the garlic and accillipus (sp). Frustrating. Don't want to get too down about this. It's going to take some time.

Cindy
  11. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Ok Girl I was exactly where you are at one point! I was frustrated because I was doing everything they said and making slow progress. The Heperin Injections, the Candida diet all the pills etc... I was very discouraged. I wanted to give up! Thank goodness for this board and my husbands support. I just hung in there and made to the 4 month mark and thats when I started seeing the real difference.

Our case are very different as you know. You have had this alot longer than I have and you have a whole set of issues I don't have. My pain eased up first and I was frustrated because I was still so exhausted! I still have alot of stiffness and soreness and feel some pain daily but not severe. I can get away with an over the counter if I need something for it. I still do not have the energy most of my friends have and it seems like I have plateaued now but I am getting there.

Sarasmom, wishingonastar, and sandyz have also seen good results so for anyone interested search those authors. Also jeeeennniiieee but I have no idea exactly how her screen name is spelled!

Good Luck Cindy and know that I think about you and everyone else all the time!! Lynn

One step at a time just keep moving!
  12. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

PS Cindy- Could the cooler weather be effecting your pain??? Mine is so much worse on cold damp days! L
  13. MKlady

MKlady New Member

I'm sorry that you're having some problems...I haven't even hit the virus/infection phase yet, but there are times that swallowing all those supplements gives me a real pain. However, I made the commitment to at least six months and I'm sticking with it! You can do it - energy first then infections then pain relief (I hope!).

After my second visit and starting thyroid and other things, I'm definitely seeing an improvement in energy. And also more pain. Dr. says that's because I'm doing more - and I believe it. Fibro pain plus muscle pain from muscles I haven't used much lately. Oh well.

Chin up. We're all cheering for you!

14. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I just peeked at your profile to see how long you've been going to the FFC. Your family is beautiful!

Hang in there! I'm right behind you.

Francie

15. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

All your replies are so encouraging. That really helped pick me up a bit.

Yes Lynn it is discouraging because I've followed all that was suggested by the FFC and still little progress besides the improvement in hormones and thyroid but I'm in this for the long haul and determined to improve. Lynn weather doesn't make any difference for me. The pain has been always the same exact now it's getting worse so something is happening, hopefully getting the toxins and bacteria out.

I just took 2 Aleve and I think that helped some. The heavy hitters are so powerful for me. Even with food. I should have know because yesterday I took my 2 doxyclcyline and biaxin plus the 1/2 pain pill and I was down for the count!! I'm going to have to come up with a better schedule. It's just hard since I'm taking so much to try and space everything out to not counterreact.

Appreciate all your comments. Will take everything in. Gives me a different prospective.

Francie thanks for the compliment. Funny I look fine but hurt so bad. Don't like to dwell on my health with my family.

BETTER DAYS AHEAD

Cindy

16. lilbird

lilbird New Member

Hi, Sorry to hear your still not feeling to good. I seem to be having the opposite problem than you. I am having less pain but also have less energy. I am having troble making it through the day without a nap.

I do know it is normal to have a reaction as the Lyme dies off.

I hope you feel better soon,
    Cathy