FENTANYL PATCH "use it lose it"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cinnveet, Mar 29, 2006.

1. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I have been on the Fentanyl patch for a couple of months now. About a week ago I lost my patch. I looked all over the house and never found it. I was due to change the patch as it was on for almost 3 days. I told my husband and my 2 boys to keep an eye out for it as it can be dangerous to our dogs if they get a hold of it.

Well, last night my husband gets out of the shower, gets dressed and I noticed something on the calve of his leg.
    It was the darn Fentanyl Patch!!! When I went to pull that little bugger off it was glued to his hair on his leg. He yelled when I pulled it off and took some of his hair with it.

I asked him if he had any side effects from the patch and he said no. But he was not happy that he now has a patch of hair removed on his leg. My sister was here when it happened and we were ROFLAO!

Thank God he didnt get any side effects or we would have not been laughing. And after were stopped laughing we talked about how dangerous it could have been if the dogs got a hold of it.

I cant believe that the patch stuck to him like crazy glue, because it would always fall off of me. Last week I called Fentanyl company and they advise me to use the 3M Transpore tape and put the tape around the patch like you are framing a picture.

I want to let others know that since I have been using the transpore tape the patch stays secure the entire time I need to wear them and I no longer "use it and lose it"

Thanks!
    Cindy
  2. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

I would of been laughing for days if that was my husband.

Anyway, I'm glad your dogs didn't get ahold of it.

I have a patch also and my doctor told me to use cotton ball with alcohol on it to clean the oils off to make it stick better.

Thanks for the thyroid info on my weight loss post.

I was going to edit it seeing on the word "kneew", was suppose to be knees. Instead of clicking edit I hit the delete. I'm to tired to write it all out again.

Halo
  3. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Very funny story...

Went to my doc and she gave me this idea of spraying azmacort 4 times on the site and letting it dry and then applying the patch. She got this idea from other patients that are on the patch. I am going to try this on the next patch just though I would share:)
  4. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I am going to try the cotton ball and spray idea.

Hope fully I will never lose another patch to my husband as he asked me "is this what women go thru for bikini wax's?"
    hehehehhee

cindy
  5. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

Cindy,

So, you think your husband's leg is as sensitive as our bikini area? For some reason, I doubt it! Poor baby, that was a funny comparison for him to make! Thanks for the laugh.

Take care,

Leanne
  6. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

When you look at his calve, and see this square patch of hair missing, you have to laugh at it.

I should take a pic of it and post it, but I am sure he will think I am nuts if I try.. lol

Cindy
  7. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

here ya go.