FENTANYL PATCH

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by babygirl44, Jul 26, 2006.

1. babygirl44

babygirl44 New Member

HELLO
    i'm on the patch now and i would like to know if anyone is using the patch and if so what mg is it and dose it work for them. if it does how they like it.
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

My doc gave it to me for my pinched nerve in my back, but I couldn't keep them on!! He started me out on the 12 mg, then later upped to 25 mg. It made me too sleepy. I decided they weren't worth the hassle and tape trying to keep them on, so I didn't ask for any more.
  3. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I had to stop them because where the adhesive was that littlepart around the patch made me breakout in a horrid rash and it looked like I had hot red bumps on it and they ITCHED so much that I had to stop them ASAP. They helped me and I liked them because no one knew that I was taking anything.

But I still was tired all the time. And I don't know if it is from the medicataion or the DD.
    I asked the nurse to day at my Doctors appointment and she said that it could be that the illness's and the pain I am in make me tired then add a strong pain medication and your even more sleepy.

I still wish I could have kept on usuing it. But I think I was on 75mg's but I am not sure. I seem to have to have strong pain meds for them to work for me. And to ease my pain,.

Rosemarie
  4. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I am allergic to adhesives, Bands, etc.
    So I got the skin rash, that I get when my skin is being iratated.

I also had one come off in the middle of the night, and with my "Pet's, I didn't want to chance on them getting hold of one.
    Mainly my Male Kitty, he loves, small pieces that he can carry around in his mouth.
    I do vaccumn alot now. ;>]

I was on the 25mg, and it took awhile to even feel any relief, so I was put back on Hydrocodone, I am on the Norco 10mg it works better, than nothing,

I am allergic to the Morphine 15mg Oral, but I can take the Med. when they give me it in injection form.
    It dosen't go through the Digestive track.

Which is one of the reasons I was hoping the Patch would work for me.

I know a lo of Pt.s can use them, and others like me can't.

If you have trouble with keeping them on, you can call the Magf. and they can send you something that will help to keep them on better.

Good Luck, I hope this works for you, I wish it had for me.

Let us know, how it works out,
    sharonk
  5. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

My husband has severe bad problems and has to use Fentanyl Patches. We both wish he didn't need them.

The first night he puts them on he has problems sleeping yet during the day sometimes he has problems staying awake. That happens when he changes the patch and there is still medincine in him from the previous patch and the new patch puts out more medincine when it is new.

The brand of the patch makes a huge difference also for him. One brand seems to be stronger and did not stick as well. Some of them seem to have little medicine in them and others seem stronger.

Heat affects him so if you have to work in the yard and live where it is hot, it causes the medicine to dispense faster. We both have a fear of that because if it dumps at once it can kill you.

The pharmacist told him that the non genertic patch was much better but we can not afford that. They have lots of complaints with the patches because of the reasons I gave you.

The good thing is that it does relief most of the pain.