Fentanyl users...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mom4three, May 5, 2006.

1. mom4three

mom4three New Member

I recently had to stop using them because my skin was blistering under the patches..

But I have 29 patches of 25mcg and 9 patches of 50mcg. What do I do with these???

I am asking because they are patches and just flushing them isn't enough people can still get the med. And the garbage they can get them there too.

Tracy

Edited to make it clear I am just trying to figure out how to get rid of these.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/05/2006]
  2. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

I don't know what to tell you. But, since you are not supposed to share & they could be dangerous in the wrong person's hands, I would either call, or just open them up & flush them. Just my opinion.

Leanne
  3. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Yeah I did not want to just throw them out and have someone get them.
    I will call the pharmacist and see what he says. Too bad you can't take them back it seems like such a waste.

Tracy
  4. PITATOO

PITATOO Member

Please read the following link on how to get rid of unused meds. If you flush them they end up back in our water supply, if you throw them in the trash ??????? I was told by Hospice to flush the unsed morphine my Mother was taking after she died. This site may help: http://arthritis.about.com/od/arthritismedications/ht/disposemeds.htm

Thanks, Bobby
  5. dolfenn43

dolfenn43 New Member

I read your supposed to unwrap patch fold in half and flush down the toliet. Pharmacy wont take them back at least not supposed to.
    Dolfenn
  6. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Thank you for link and the advice.

I have lots of other meds too. I just keep them in my cupboard in case I need them again. But I don't think I will get on the patch with that reaction.

Tracy
  7. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

The law says that they may not be returned to the pharmacy or used by anyone else, whether they have a prescription or not.

Were you to share these with anyone, IT WOULD BE A FEDERAL CRIME. SINCE IT IS A NARCOTIC, YOU COULD BE IN DEEP TROUBLE.

Cut them up, and put them in the garbage, if you want my advice.
  8. mom4three

mom4three New Member

had no intention on sharing these..
    I just did not know how to dispose of them or if you give them to the pharmacy.
    Because they are patches I was not sure what to do.

Tracy

I used to live in New Caney. I went to Conroe High School.
    We played Cypress in tournaments:)[This Message was Edited on 05/05/2006]
  9. starmom

starmom New Member

Some pharmacists work at free clinics and CAN accept meds that are unused and unexpired to redistribute. Checxk with your pharmacist - mine works at our free clinic and can take meds to give to people who cannot afford them.

Federal Law will not give you your $$ back, but sometimes the meds can be put to use and not wasted. As my doc likes to prescribe anything difficult on the stomach in large quantities, I have turned quite a bit over to them. Also turned over concerta that my son was taken off of.

And concerta is one of those Class whatever meds that has to be written out each time.

Just a thought.

Susie
  10. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Thank you that is a great idea. I have many other meds as well. I get a full rx and then we change it.

I don't need the money back I just hate to see all these meds wasted.

Thanks again I will check into that too.

I have been so busy I haven't been able to call the pharmacy.

Tracy