Fever Blister Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HppeandMe, Jan 4, 2006.

1. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Hi Friends-

I am writing about this unsightful fever blister that I have had on the side of my mouth for over a month now. I am use to getting cold sores on my lips but they usually go away. Has anyone else had anything like this? I just found out from a doctor that I am seeing that back in March of last year that I had EBV. This was after after I first got sick but was a time that I was the sickest in my life and life hasn't been right since. I am wondering if this can be the EBV showing it's ugly head again. Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Hope
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Those things hurt! I know!

Try using ice or something cold on the sore. Keep it lubricated with vaseline, etc. I use lysene and Vit C twice daily, to keep them at bay. It works well unless I forget to take them for a few days.

These are what have helped me. I hope you will find something that works too.

Gentle Hugs,

Kim
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sure you know that Herpes-Family Viruses never go away. They can reactivate at any time. Famvir, and other antiviral meds, can be very helpful in keeping these viruses in a latent form. Ask your doc about it.

Many of us have acquired stealth viruses from vaccines which use animal tissue in their preparation. The stealth viruses which operate beneath the radar of our immune systems are often mutated viruses or viruses without the complete viral genome. Even incomplete segments of viral DNA or RNA can cause problems for us.

The sooner one can beat the viruses back into latency, the better. Transfer factors have been very beneficial for some of us. If you go to the Store here, you can read about the transfer factors ProHealth sells. You can also do a web search on transfer factors and find a lot of info.

I suggest going to the HEMEX Lab website to read about hypercoagulation, which is common in people with chronic infections.

Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  4. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

His doc says that his are not fever blisters they are from poor vitamin defiencies. My son is extremely picky. He drives me crazy because of this. His doc has him on a written prescribtion for vitamins. After a few days on the vitamins his goes away.

Fever blisters are a whole different story. They are from a herpe virus. You can buy something over the counter for them if they don't go away on their own.

I'm not sure about the EBV. Maybe you should call your doc about that one.
    Angela
  5. bigdogrescue

bigdogrescue New Member

My daughter was born with RA and the steroids and chemo give her terrible fever blisters. The Rheumy has her on high doses of folic acid and when she takes it like she's supposed to, she doesn't get them.

I have no idea if this will help you or not but my poor kid has had them non-stop for so long that the extra folic acid was like a miracle cure for her.

God bless
  6. cw

cw New Member

Ice the cold sore several times a day. It works!!