Fevers and menstruation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hope9398, Apr 19, 2006.

1. hope9398

hope9398 New Member

Does anyone get fevers when they are menstrating? Does menstration lower your immune system and cause you to et fevers and chills?
    It's happened to me twice so far. I get a fever (100 - 102) and then get my period right after. Is this a coincidence? Also, I just started getting my period again after stopping pamelor. Thought I was menopausal.

Thank you for any help you can give me.
  2. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

It's normal to have temperature fluctuations throughout the month. Many women report elevated temperatures when they are ovulating. However, a fever of 100 to 102 degrees is not normal and is most likely not associated with your cycle. A fever that high could be a bacterial or viral infection going on, or something else. I often run low-grade fevers (99 to 100) from the CFIDS. However, when it starts going higher than 101, I question what's causing it. Recently I had a fever of between 101 and 103 for 5 days straight. It turned out to be a viral throat infection, and it was torture. Always make sure to get it checked out if it lasts for more than 24 hours.

Hope this helps. Gentle healing hugs.

Kim