Fevers and Red Ears

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JP, Nov 19, 2002.

1. JP

JP New Member

I have been getting low-grade fevers for what I can remember to be about 7, maybe 8 years now (I am 42). I thought they might be hot flashes and yet my gut tells me other. My average temp is just below 97. The fevers will come up to about 100 and stay for an hour or so, then leave. This may happen 3 or 4 times a day for a period of weeks, then it may go away for a few weeks. I also will get one, sometimes two very hot and bright red ears, with or without fever, with pain. I would guess that this has been happening about the same length of time. I have the redness in my checks and nose on and off everyday. I can easily live with these symptoms and I sometimes wonder if I should continue my health investigation. As far as I can tell from reading, there is not much more that can be done and it appears to be chronic and life long. So, I sit and ponder...what good will it do to know what more I have?

Any thoughts?
    jan
  2. JP

JP New Member

I have been getting low-grade fevers for what I can remember to be about 7, maybe 8 years now (I am 42). I thought they might be hot flashes and yet my gut tells me other. My average temp is just below 97. The fevers will come up to about 100 and stay for an hour or so, then leave. This may happen 3 or 4 times a day for a period of weeks, then it may go away for a few weeks. I also will get one, sometimes two very hot and bright red ears, with or without fever, with pain. I would guess that this has been happening about the same length of time. I have the redness in my checks and nose on and off everyday. I can easily live with these symptoms and I sometimes wonder if I should continue my health investigation. As far as I can tell from reading, there is not much more that can be done and it appears to be chronic and life long. So, I sit and ponder...what good will it do to know what more I have?

Any thoughts?
    jan
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Used to get the fevers, and still get the red itchy ears.

The fever is not too often anymore, but the ears still get red and itch.

Also the hot flushes, you are right mine were not hot flashes from menopause, they have been going on for 16 years now. I do believe that is medically impossible! Anyway they are different.

They has lessened in the last couple of years since I started taking magnesium. I don't know if this is directly related or just coincidence. But I don't get any of the above as often now.

All the doctors wanted to give me were HRT, which I refused. Then they wanted to give me Prozac, again I refused!

After reading about malic acid and magnesium, I decided to try that. It also helps the pain greatly.

I gave up on the medical profession, and started treating myself. I am sooo much better!

Shalom, Shirl

4. JP

JP New Member

for your reply. I really have not given the medical profession much of a try...I really don't even share most of my symptoms. However, there is a reason for this. Anyway, most of my work with a medical community has been with alternative over the years. Our western docs have given me names for a few things confirmed by lab tests. I just think that I may be better off not knowing how many or what kind of autoimmune conditions that I have going on. I do what I can every day. I am inspired by nature and I have a lot of love in my life. I feel pretty lucky much of the time and this stuff takes me to the limits for sure.

thanks again...jan
  5. kadywill

kadywill New Member

immune system is why I have red ears, fevers, itching, resp. distress, rashes.........I KNOW this for a fact and have been to numerous immunologists at Duke for YEARS and all they can do is treat the symptoms and TRY to treat the cause, but never with success. I have done this all of my life!
    Love,
    Kady
  6. achy

achy New Member

I have a low body tep too...around 97.4, but I get the fevers maybe once a day, maybe 3-4X day, a month may pass with mone. I hate it. I'll be fine one minute and the next I feel like I'm coming down with something, but it doesn't materialize (usually). It may last an hour, it may last several. Sometime I just have to go to bed and "sleep it off". My ears have just started to turn red, I think it's stress, maybe not. My face also turns red, especially my cheeks and I get really hot. I always figured perimenopause, I am 41.
    Who knows with this DD. One doc says one thing, the other says something different. And they wonder why we're depressed! LOL
    NOpem your not alone,
    Warm Fuzzies
    Achy
  7. sofy

sofy New Member

my daughter use to get this when growing up. we finally nailed it down to eating chocolate but not all chocolate. could never pin point it but finally decided it was an additive of some sort and as long as she stays away from it no red flaming ears.
  8. theimpossibleflute

theimpossibleflute New Member

I've been reading through the other responses you have gotten on your question. I can definitely verify that it is not always menopause causing the red ears and fevers. I have recently been diagnosed with FM and am only 19...no menopause for me yet!!! Lol.

The red ears/fevers come out of absolutely nowhere...and usually disappear as quickly. Oh, well. What are you going to do?

Hang in there..