FFC and Medicaid

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chopindog, Feb 17, 2006.

1. chopindog

chopindog New Member

I am wondering if anyone going to FFC has medicaid
    , and if so did medicaid pay for labs. Also did FFC let you use the medicaid card and draw the labs, and if medicaid didn't pay in full, then have you pay the remaining balance. Or did they make you pay for the labs and then have you bill medicaid yourself for reimbursment.

I have talked to FFC and medicaid and neither one gives me a straight answer and they both tell me to ask the other.

Joy
  2. vp

vp New Member

I have Ohio medicaid, which I have based on disability and the fact that I have no $$. It is not medicare, I don't really know what the differences are, but I know that anyone who accepts my medicaid card for payment can not send me a bill for the balance, they get whatever medicaid gives them as payment in full. Since the FCC I go to in Cleveland uses Quest for their lab work, they accept medicaid as payment, so no bill for me. Business wise they are separate from FFC and do accept insurance. The only lab I have had to pay for is the LYME test through Igenex, because they don't take my insurance. I was told ahead of time and had to pay for it in advance. (credit card)

Hope it helps some

Valerie
  3. kbak

kbak Member

Sorry Joy,
    FFC doesn't take medicaid. The most they will offer you is a payment plan. It's to bad their services are limited to those that can pay.

K.
  4. chopindog

chopindog New Member

Bumping for more replies.