FFC - Any Canadians Been?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannah, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Shannah

Shannah Member

Have any fellow Canadians been to any of the Fibro & Fatigue Centres? Do you have to pay the lab costs from your own pocket?

Thanks
    Shannah
  2. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I've been to the Denver Clinic. I'm in Alberta. Are you thinking of going to Detroit? It's so close to the Ont. border.

I had to pay the lab costs outright and submitted the claim when I got home. They responded wanting the CPT codes and that has been done.

The costs can add up but you sure find out alot about your health and see it in black and white. I get more results back this week. The trick is when you start reaching optimal levels you will start to feel better.

They test hormonal, blood counts, infectious panels, lymes etc. There is nothing left out

Cindy

[This Message was Edited on 09/20/2005]
  3. Shannah

Shannah Member

I'm curious, who did you submit the claim to - private insurance? What about supplements? Can you buy the ones that they recommend up here or do you need to purchase them in the States?

The FFC sure sounds thorough. Wish we had something comparable up here eh?

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Best Regards,
    Shannah

4. toronto133

toronto133 New Member

I am also a Canadian interested in going down to one of the FFC's.

Having made 5 trips to the U.S. this year, I have paid for it all out-of-pocket. I am interested to see if Cindycor has some success with the provincial health plan. (though I understand Alberta is a little richer than Ontario these days!)

Regards,

Denise
  5. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

The Meds I get here in my city from an online U.S./Canadian pharmacy. The doctor faxes them in.

The supplements I get here, online and through the clinic. The clinic uses DHL courier and they are fast.

Yes I sent the lab form into Alberta Health out of province department. Waiting to here back. The clinic faxed them the CPT codes.

It's a little bit of leg work and juggling but it can be done.
    I have a phone appointment this Thursday to go over more blood work.

I definitely have more energy and I really think my immune system is improving but I still have a long way to go. I've only been with them 3 months.

By the way last year I claimed U.S. medical with my income tax and they were totally accepted. Sent all my receipts. So keep everything.

Cindy