FFC ATLANTA, DOXY AND YEAST-VERY BAD!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lillypad2, Nov 26, 2005.

1. lillypad2

lillypad2 New Member

What do you do with thrush that won't go away, when you have to take doxy for mycoplasma infection? I am already taking 200 mg of diflucan. I went to my regular Dr. and he gave me nystatin to rinse in my mouth. I don't have white patches I have red bumps on my tongue in the back and a sore throat. Is this thrush for sure?

I don't know what to do maybe I should quit doxy. I'm not even taking the full dose of 400 mg a day, I'm taking 200. I have been on it about 13 days.

This illness is really getting depressing.

Lisa

2. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Do you have the FFC Doctors business card. On the bottom should be her e-mail address. Send her an e-mail.
    Could be a number of things allergic react to the doxy, herxing, another infection etc.
    I know I got a bladder infection 3 weeks ago. I've been on the doxy since July.

Cindy

[This Message was Edited on 11/26/2005]
  3. lillypad2

lillypad2 New Member

Thanks for the info. I did'nt think about that. I have their card, I will email them. I hope you get well soon and thanks again.

Lisa
  4. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I've heard of people putting stuff in their mouth to kill it, like brushing probiotics or diluted grapefruitseed extract onto their tongue. I tried the grapefruitseed drops in water as a mouthwash and it seemed to work for a while. But the taste... :-( Maybe an internet search would turn up some more ideas.

((lilypad2))
  5. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

i don't have any other suggestions except for swishing PLAIN yogurt around in your mouth. i feel for you though. i got thrush recently from a short 5 day run of zithromax. i really don't think i could handle a long-term run of antibiotics so i thank god i don't have lyme.

be well,
    eddie
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

200 mgs. is the normal dose. The FFC's prescribe twice the dose that is normally used. They are very aggressive in attacking infections. Problem is that it is too aggressive for some. Talk to your doc about it.

Probiotics are a must when on ABX. Several good ones are Jarro-Dophilus, which I take, and Primal Defense, which several here take.

You can swish, and swallow, colloidal silver which is a liquid. Buy a good one at the healthfood store. It is harmless in normal doses and is a strong antiviral, antibiotic, and antifungal preparation.

Good luck.

Love, Mikie