FFC Atlanta

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by beth0818, Nov 4, 2005.

1. beth0818

beth0818 New Member

anyone go to the FFc in atlanta? i know there have been posts on this topic, but how much does it usually cost? why is it not covered by insurance? is it really worth it?
    thanks,
    beth
  2. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

Beth,

I copied this off an older post:

The ultimate cost depends on what your insurance will cover. The first two FFC visits are $365 each. This is paid cash, check or charge.

Blood tests are $2000-$3000 depending on what tests are run - but lab (Quest) will bill your insurance directly and only bill you for the allowable remainder.

Supplements are available through the center, but many (not all) are available directly either through Pro Health or Rite Care or another web source for about 20-30% less (factoring in shipping costs).

Prescription costs depend on your insurance and what it will cover.

FFC has a payment plan that some people are using - either 6 months or 1 year. I don't know much about it, but you can ask FFC staff.
    --------------------------------------------------------

I've been going to the one in Atlanta since March 2005. These centers are the only place you can get indepth blood work to find out WHY you have FM/CFS.

For me, it is lyme disease and 3 viruses making me so ill. I've been sick most of my life and now feel like I'm on the road to recovery.

I'm at the stage of "feeling worse before you feel better" which is to be expected with chronic lyme plus the viruses.

Doctors do us a disservice when they say, "Oh, you have Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome." It isn't getting to the root of the problem.

I feel like I'm finally on the road to healing. To answer your question -- Is it really worth it? YES, YES, YES!!!!

Sandy

3. beth0818

beth0818 New Member

i am definately going to look into going to the FFC. by the way gina2974, i used to live in macon...beautiful town!