FFC-Can I take the Transfer Factor with T3 in the morning?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Jan 3, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

I think I am finally going to start the TF tomorrow-I am nervous! What time of day do you take it? I take my t3 around 9:00 am going back to bed for an hr. and then take my NADH 40 mins. before I eat. At what time should I take the TF?

Thanks
  2. jane32

jane32 New Member

bumping for an answer:)
  3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

This is a good question, Jane. I'm surprised no one has answered yet. I am taking T3, but won't be starting transfer factors for some time. I'm doing Acyclovir first.

I called the compounding pharmacy that makes my T3 (ITC Compounding Pharm) when I had questions on taking T3 with other meds. I found them very knowledgeable. They may have info on TFs.

Also, I emailed Pro Health with a question regarding transfer factors. They didn't give a very specific answer, but just directed me to a website: www.transferfactor.ws/

It has some useful information, but I didn't see anything about taking TF with T3. You could try calling Pro Health. I have heard they have good people on the phones.

Otherwise, page Mikie. She knows lots about TFs. (Hopefully, she'll see her name in the title of this post if she does a routine name search).

Which Transfer Factor are you taking? What pathogen are you treating for?

Good luck!
    Katy
  4. jane32

jane32 New Member

I am treating my EBV. I have been on Valtrex for two months so I want to get this started and then in Feb. I plan to attack the candida!

5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I am treating for EBV, too. I plan to start the Acyclovir this weekend (my insurance wouldn't cover Valtrex). Did you have any weird side effects from the Valtrex?
  6. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

TF needs to be taken away from meals but as far as I know, it doesn't matter what time of day you take it. I have the same problem with the thyroid med ( mine is Synthroid). I usually take my TF in the afternoon. I have had the usual immune response but nothing else unexpected.

Good Luck
    Kathy.
  7. jane32

jane32 New Member

and I take 3 grams a day.
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I really don't have the answer except that I think hormones should be taken separately from other things for best results.

TF's can be taken at any time. Some have taken them at night and the side effects have been a little easier to take.

Love, Mikie
  9. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

My paper says thyroid meds should be taken an hour before food in the morning, and not within 2 hours of iron or calcium products.

chris
  10. KarenZee

KarenZee New Member

I also have active Epstein-Barr Virus. I have never taken anything specific to treat it. A number of years back a dermatologist prescribed Acylovir for terrible cold sores that I get frequently. I have two hurtful ones on my lips right now. I took the medicine for 6 months or more. It seemed to keep the cold sore from getting really bad and it healed faster....as long as I was able to take the medicine as soon as I felt that tingling under the skin. I don't take it anymore because I thought it also killed all the good bacteria in my system which caused other problems.

Can you tell me something about your EBV and how you came to treat it. Thanks very much.
  11. jane32

jane32 New Member

I had mono 8 yrs. ago so I guess mine reactivited. I was tested by an infectious disease dr. in the spring who found current and past infection but he did not believe in chronice EBV so he told me my blood tests were fine. I went to the FFC and even though my Epstein-Barr Ab test which shows early on EBV was negative they still are treating me for it. They based the decision on the previous blood test that my infectious disease dr. took. I am on Valtrex -3000 mg a day and Proboost-3 times a day. I suffer from recurrent low grade fevers and fatigue. Let me know if you have any other questions.