FFC Centers - Good? BAD? Covered by Insurance?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Manwithfibro, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Please advise. Thanks
  2. lauralea443

lauralea443 New Member

but if it's covered can it hurt to check it out?

Blessings
    Laura
  3. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Hi Man,

If you do a search on FFC, you will find many with detailed experiences and costs--including mine. I recommend the one by Dncnfngrs for thoroughness, though.

There have been many discussions here about how expensive it is and how awful that it isn't covered by insurance. The thing is that it works. If you keep going to regular doctors and pay a $30 copay everytime, in 10 appointments you've paid $300 for nothing. At the FFC the first time go you will pay between $325 and $395 (depending on where you live) for an hour--a full hour with a very knowledgeable doc. I think that first visit will give you enough hope that you will find it's worth 100 visits to a regular doctor. Just my opinion. Read a few posts and see what others have to say.

Elsa is right, they are on the right track at the FFC. Good luck!

Francie
  4. elsa

elsa New Member

Just answered you questions for me on your "Elsa, Can You Help" thread. Sorry it took me time to get back to you.

And yes, The FFC's are covered, but not in the way that we have become accustomed, but like days gone by when you filed yourself.

My response goes into more detail for you.

Take care,

Elsa
    [This Message was Edited on 10/12/2005]