FFC Cleveland HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sues1, May 12, 2006.

1. sues1

sues1 New Member

I have been foggier and forget trhings even more quickly. So please excuse anything that I might ask that maybe I have read sometime or another, I did do a search and that helped some.

I am considerating going to Cleveland FFC.
    QUESTION:

The peperwork they give you for insurance, does it have all the lab results and so forth? Or do I need another set of reports from them then, if I want this info. Would they even send it to my Dr. if I requested?

Roughly how much do you need ($$$) for the first visit? Office, labs and so forth. Also for supplements. I know it depends on what they think I should take and we are not all the same.

Should we call our insurance company ahead of time. Does the ins. company want you to have your regular Dr. to refer you to FFC?

I have Medical Mutual and now have Medicare that I have next to no dealings with. I just have the basic Medicare as my insurance co. covers my meds and says it is a waste of money to get it. I am under PERS, that makes a difference.

I would also like to hear from ones with a postive experience from FFC, mainly Cleveland, Ohio. Thanks.

ANY and ALL info appreciated very much. Susan
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

thanks very helpful..........Susan
  3. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I don't go to Cleveland I go to Atlanta but if you search FFC Cleveland you will get lots of hits. There is a whole group that goes there that have gotten much better and love Dr J. wishingonastar and sarasmom are two. The used to have a monthly post where they updated their prgress and everything they were doing costs included. They don't post much anymore because they are all in maintenence and doing much better.

I personally am also doing much better. I have been going a year. I will be happy to answer any questions you have. Good Luck Lynn

4. zoemurr

zoemurr New Member

and we spent around $650 at the first visit for the exam and supplements, and I didn't buy all that they recommended, and I didn't do the IV, which is about another $150. The labs can be another $2K-5K. We have yet to find out if our ins. is covering that or not. We are expecting to have to pay it. I am already feeling less foggy (fog is my main complaint) but I think I have been a bit more tired. I go back in about 2 weeks for my test results.

They give you a paper to submit to ins. I didn't bother as I know what the answer will be. Anyway, they will give you copies of everything, and you can take these to your Dr. I have a chiro that I work with and she was very impressed with the supplements I was given. When I go back we will go over my blood work.

I liked Dr. J.. but I am only at the beginning. She didn't talk to me like I was crazy, and she was the first Dr. who really did a full exam. Every one was very nice, and I had no pressure to do things I didn't want to do. I'm grateful that we can afford it.. Call your ins. and see if they can help.

-Sherry
  5. Bippy

Bippy New Member

Hi Susan.

I noticed the you were from NW Ohio. I am from Cleveland Ohio. I was just wondering exactly where you are from - if you don't mind telling me.

Bippy
  6. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

the Cleveland Clinic has seems to have most knowledgeable
    docs . Everything I have read about Dr J would inspire my confidence .
  7. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Susan,
    Guess I'm catching up with you today. Please see my other post that you requested info from me that I just answered.

You asked:
    ---The peperwork they give you for insurance, does it have all the lab results and so forth? Or do I need another set of reports from them then, if I want this info. Would they even send it to my Dr. if I requested?---

They give you a superbill. It has all the info on it needed to bill insurance. They will not send it for you, but will help five you whatever info you need to submit the claim yourself.

It does not have lab results. The lab is a separate entity. They use Quest Diagnostics. Quest will take your insurance and medicare cards and bill for you.

You asked:
    ---Roughly how much do you need ($$$) for the first visit? Office, labs and so forth. Also for supplements. I know it depends on what they think I should take and we are not all the same.---

Please check the other post I answered to you today.

You asked:
    ---Should we call our insurance company ahead of time. Does the ins. company want you to have your regular Dr. to refer you to FFC?---

Each insurance co is different. You may want to call yours for their specific policy on this.

You said:
    ---I have Medical Mutual and now have Medicare---

Is your Medical Mutual primary? If so, I'm not sure how that works re: Medicare. I suggest that you contact Medicare at their 800 # on your Medicare card for that answer.

You said:
    ---I would also like to hear from ones with a postive experience from FFC, mainly Cleveland, Ohio.---

I started out at the Cleveland FFC with Dr. J. (I later switched when an FFC opened in the state where I live.) She is very knowledgeable and takes a lot of time with you. The staff is terrific, very supportive.

At times, I found it a little difficult to communicate with her, in that I was having some severe problems (a hugely awful lengthy miserable herx), and I did not find her flexible in helping me deal with that.

In addition, after 8 months with her, she did not diagnose my Lyme Disease. It was not until I switched to Seattle that my Lyme was diagnosed. However, in fairness to her, I think that the FFC's are rather new at the whole Lyme thing.

Many people have been greatly helped by Dr. J. in Cleveland.

Wishing you the best,
    Hopeful4

[This Message was Edited on 05/31/2006]
  8. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

9. SusEQ

SusEQ New Member

Hi Everyone!

I've been going to the Cleveland FFC since October 2004. I live in central Pennsylvania. I've had my ups and downs with my incapacitating exhaustion.

I was diagnosed with Lyme by Dr. Juguilon in June 2005. I was on ABX treatment until Feb 2006 when my liver enzymes became mildly elevated. From Jan- May 2006, I was bedridden frequently due to the incapacitating exhaustion.

At my last appt. with Dr. Juguilon at the Cleveland FFC in April, I expressed my frustration about being bedridden so often. Since January 1, 2006, I've been bedridden more than 55 days. We discussed how I have been ill for nearly 30 years and my body will not recover rapidly. Dr. J ordered a blood test for Epstein Barr Virus early antigen. It was positive. No wonder I felt like I had mono!

In the past, Dr. J had tried several different supplements to attempt to boost my energy, without any luck. This time, she found a combination of supplements that is working, for now. I began taking NAC (N Acetyl Cysteine), Calcium Pyruvate, and Creatine Monohydrate. After a 2 week bedridden herx, I slowly began to feel better. I do not feel great, but I am able to live a more functional life. I have more energy, less pain and less brain fog (on most days). I still pace myself and nap as needed. For the last 3 weeks, I've been able to go to functions involving my nieces and nephews. I've been able to go to scheduled doctor appointments, instead of having to reschedule due to being bedridden. I've been to church 3 Sundays in a row. That is a new development for me.

I feel as though I am rambling in this post. I guess what I'm trying to say is to give Dr. Juguilon the information you have and she will attempt to work things out to help you. It took her a while to find something to help my energy. I know I can crash again at any time, but the last 3 weeks have been such a gift for me. I have not been this functional in months, maybe years.

Everyone at the Cleveland FFC has been wonderful with me. If I call with a question or concern, I get a quick response. They always take time to talk me through my difficulties. Although I think some of my questions are strange, they never do. They realize each of us is an individual and they attempt to find what works for each of us.

A few weeks ago, I began a different supplement. Within an hour of taking it, I developed a sunburn-like rash over my entire body. My skin was burning so badly. I frantically called the Cleveland FFC. They were not taking patients that day because the doctor was having outpatient surgery. They gave me her mobile phone number. I called and left a message. She returned my call immediately. She is a very caring person.

I know the cost at the FFC is high, but it is less than what I had been paying at a doctor locally. Dr. J always takes extra time with me and patiently answers the questions posed by me and my mother. My mom goes to my appointments with me and takes notes.

Every insurance company is so different. I am fortunate that my insurance covers the cost of my office visit, IVs, and blood work. It does not cover any of the supplements. However, I use the cost of my supplements as an outstanding medical deduction on our income taxes.

I wish all of you the best of luck in regaining some function in your life. At my appointment at the FFC in April, I didn't think I would ever have a good week in 2006. Now that I have, I didn't realize how much of life I had been missing.

As was mentioned earlier, check out posts by Wishingonastar, Sarasmom, Cleveland FFC, or myself (SusEQ) to learn about our backgrounds in dealing with the FFC of Cleveland.

Susie

[This Message was Edited on 06/10/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/12/2006]