FFC clinic in Pittsburgh anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrstyedawg, Jul 17, 2006.

1. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

I am thinking about scheduling an appointment for the clinic in Pittsburgh. It will be a really long trip for me, but I am desperate.

Is anyone getting treatment at this clinic? If so, has it helped and what test do they do? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Andrea
  2. ckahele

ckahele New Member

Been going for over a year and have gotten 80% of my life back.
    I'd write more but gotta run.
    Look up my other posts under my name and you can read about my FFC adventures.
    p.s. love the doc there--big italian sweetheart!
    cyndy
  3. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

So glad to find someone who has been there. I have an appointment Aug. 9. I am so happy for you!!! Hopefully, I will have good news too. How long have you been sick and do you know how yours begin.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/19/2006]
  4. frosty50

frosty50 New Member

FFC Clinic
    Where is this clinic? Do you have a phone # for this place?
    Do they help wwith the fibro symtoms. I'm only abotut an hour from Pittsburgh. Would appreciate the information.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/19/2006]
  5. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Frosty,
    The number is 412-922-9220, i have the number, but i don't know what state pittsburgh is in??

OOps, can i post numbers??

Misty
  6. rinaldo

rinaldo New Member

Hi ive been going there since 2/06. I am feeling much better. The first few months are really hard to get thru you Feel worse. I love the doctor he is very friendly and easy to talk to Hope you can get some help
  7. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

This clinic specializes in firbo. and chronic fatigue. I have had CFS for 22 years, hopefully, it is not too late for me. Any info. anyone can give me will help. I have been told that they will have to take 30 vials of blood. I know that I have a hard time giving 3 vials because my blood starts clotting. Anyonelse have this problem? Is there anything I can do to help make my blood flow more easily? How long does it take to see any improvement?

Rinaldo: What doctor are you seeing?

Thanks,
    Andrea
    [This Message was Edited on 07/20/2006]
  8. frosty50

frosty50 New Member

Thanks for the info. Hope everyone does well.
    Frosty
  9. ckahele

ckahele New Member

PGH is shorthand for Pittsburgh which is in Pennsylvania.
    The clinic is located specifically in Greentree, which is through the Fort Pitt tunnels along the parkway.
    Since childhood I've had symptoms of yeast and a bad thryoid but it was my doc at the FFC who finally diagnosed and treated them.
    I'd say my CFS started about 10 yrs ago where it was apparent to me something was radically wrong within the last five years.
    Had mono and reccuring strep as did so many others here.
    I love love love the FFC for giving me back my life.
    Good luck y'all.
    There's a Starbucks right next door to the clinic--let's all meet one day!
  10. mamadawn

mamadawn New Member

Just made my first appt today for Aug 1st. I am also going to be traveling a distance (3 hours). I heard that 91% of the patients treated there regain a good portion of their life back. I will let you know how things go.
  11. ckahele

ckahele New Member

Actually it's down the street next to the Quest lab where they send you for the bloodwork.
    About five minutes away.
    I am totally in love with their 'Pomogrante Frappucinno'.
    To die for so good! Especially with this heat wave.
    Cyndy
  12. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

hi everyone,
    My appointment is Aug. 9th. I am so excited!!! The Dr. I am seeing is Periotti, also. Feels good to talk to others than have been there.

love,
    Andrea