FFC Compound Pharm

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by place, Jul 19, 2006.

1. place

place New Member

Doc said that they use Bioidentical hormons? What is this? Will my insurance pay for it?

Does the FFC, if something needs compounded, so I need a special pharm that probably not take my insurance.

Thanks in advance, just want to prepair myself financially of what's to come!
  2. place

place New Member

3. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Hi, I don't know what kind of Insurance you have but an HMO will probably not cover Comp Pharm. What kind of hormones are you going to get? I had Progesterone cream made at the Comp Pharm. but I take my estrace that I get from my Plan. I guess it just depends on how much you can afford. My sister gets her bio-identical hormones from the Compounding P. and it is about 50.00 a month. Hope this helps some.

Laura
  4. IndianPrincess

IndianPrincess New Member

if you are going to the FFC in Middleburg Heights you might be interested in knowing that there is a pharmacy in Wadsworth that does compounding. It's Ritzman Pharmacy.

I haven't used them but of friends in Medina County who go there.

Good Luck!

Cindy
  5. AbbeyMae

AbbeyMae New Member

I go to a compound pharmacy about 45 minutes away from where I live. I buy some supplements there.

I have inquired about the Bio. Horm. and to my knowledge, the insurance companies do not pay for them. I don't even think that they pay for the testing, but may be wrong on that part. I believe there are more tests besides the saliva tests now.

Susanne Sommers has a book out about Bio. Horm. and how much they have helped her.

Insurance Companies P``` me off. They pay for operations, the removal of our organs. But they don't pay for restoring our organs/health.

Love and hugs,
    AbbeyMae
    [This Message was Edited on 07/21/2006]
  6. place

place New Member

Thanks for the reply,

is there a difference between what you get and the compound stuff your sister gets?

7. place

place New Member

I am in Columbus. I am just trying to get these costs down, I can't aford all of this.

I guess I don't understand if I can get hormons paid from insurance company for free, what is so good about the bioidentical hormons that would warrent 50 a month.

I don't want to sound like I am complaining, just trying to throw some logic into this!

Thanks!
  8. gongee

gongee New Member

I live in Richmond, VA and get my compounded bio-identical hormones for $54. It seems like that is the going rate.

My insurance only reimburses me $9 - BIG DEAL! I have to say they do help better than anything I have ever used.

9. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

from compounded pharmacy are better for our bodies than from regular pharmacy. They are made from ingredients that are closer to what our bodies make. FFC has some literature on this that you can read that can explain this. I would try to explain more, but can't remember the details. The compounded phar they use is one of the most reasonable priced one in the country.
    I feel your pain about the cost, though. I am paying for everything on my own. I added up how much the other day and was astonished that I have spent over 5 thousand dollars!! It's worth it though. I am feeling loads better and getting on with my life. The hormone treatment is usually temporary, so if you decide to do this, remember it's only for a few months. Not sure how many.
    Good Luck, Feel better!!
  10. place

place New Member

I am so concerned about the money, I am tapped out.

I have great insurance, the best that i have ever had, they pay for everything that is standard and some that is slightly out of mainstream.

I guess, I would rather try the free drugs that were not as good but effective first than pay for stuff that was supposed to be better second.

But I will definatly call and get info on the web.

I really appreciate your responces, I don't know what I would do without you all.

Have a great weekend!

11. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Estrace is bio-identical, it is derived from plants, it is one that Suzanne S. mentions in her book. Estrace is estrogen and it does not have any progesterone in it, but most Ins. Co's will pay for this. The bio-Identical my sister gets is a combinatin of the two -estrogen and progesterone. You don't want to get the synthetic progestin or take premarin or prempro, those are made from Mare's(horse urine )and this is unnatural and besides cruel to those poor horses. BTW, thanks for your post on my Pups getting along also!!

Laura