FFC Dallas - 3rd Visit - Antiviral Results

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by intrigue, Nov 22, 2005.

1. intrigue

intrigue New Member

Hi Gang,

I just returned from my third FFC appointment with FFC Dallas.

I received the results from my anti-viral panels. I tested positive for Epstein Barr, Mycoplasma Pneumoniae, Candida and Parvovirus.

I knew I had EBV. I tested positive for it 2 years ago when I initially got sick. However, my doctor felt like I was getting better and diagnosed it as convelascent. I was also told there isn't any treatment for EBV. Needless to say ... two years later I still have extremely high levels of the early antigen.

So here's the plan:
    Doxycycline and Famvir
    Nystatin (which i'm already taking) for the candida
    ImmunPlex, Maitake Mushroom, and NK-Stim supplements to boost the immune system
    Transfer Factor 4000

And he wants me to do Anti-viral IV's - two a week for a month.

Today's damage: $165 dr's visit and $297 in supplements. - $462 total. OUCH!

So how am I doing now?
    "ok". I have good days and bad.

I think I've had more energy from the T3. (I'm working on the 37.5 doseage bottle). I still have a lot of muscle soreness from event the simplest tasks.

The Fibro Calm (now Release and Renew) supplement has benefited me the most. I have less pain and sleep better with it.

I've felt all along that I have some underlying illness causing me to feel this way. Strangley, I know the next 30 days of IV's and anti-virals won't be pleasant ... I am looking forward to getting past it and maybe enjoying a more normal life.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
    Ellen
    [This Message was Edited on 11/22/2005]
  2. kcollins

kcollins New Member

Glad you have some answers to what is causing your illness. I developed FMS after having parvo virus 9 years ago. I would be interested in anything you learned about this virus. Did the results show you still have active infection? Hope the treatments help you feel better.
    Take care,
    kathy
  3. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

Hey,

Did your doc say that the anti-viral IVs were mandatory?
  4. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

So when you go for the IV's, do they charge you for the IV's and the dr's visit of $165?

Thanks,
    Meow
  5. intrigue

intrigue New Member

Kathy,
    I think my parvovirus is a past infection, though, my anti-body levels are suspiciously high. We are hoping that boosting my immune system and getting the ebv under control will take care of any parvo.

Bioman,
    The IV's are optional. My doctor's been very good about not pushing things on me.

I've made the decision to go ahead and take the anti-viral IV's. I've been dealing with EBV for the last 2 years, and nothing else has worked.

I'll probably start the IV's next week.

6. intrigue

intrigue New Member

No doctor's fee. Just the IV fee. (which I think is $90-$115 depending on whats in it)

(I am also hoping my insurance will cover the IV's)
    :)

7. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

We are taking exactly the same things! The doxy gave me a severe reaction to sunlight so be cautious when you first get out there! Prepare to feel worse for a while. Hopefully only a few days! Welcome to the road to recovery! Lynn