FFC Dallas 9 Month Update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by intrigue, Jul 6, 2006.

1. intrigue

intrigue New Member

I just wanted to share with you guy how I am doing after 9 months of FFC treatment. When folks tend to start feeling better, they tend not to come back to the board and post .... so I thought maybe I might be able to help others. :)

Initial Diagnosis
    After the exhaustive blood testing, I was diagnosed with Mycoplasma Pneumonia, Epstein Barr, Adrenal overload, and hypercoagulation.

First 3 Months
    The first three visits are mostly getting all of your test results back and building up your treatments. I didn't see any improvements or changes during this time. I was taking T3 for thyroid, nystation for yeast, heparin injections for hypercoag., cortisone, pregnenolone, and the normal coctail of ffc supplements designed to aid with digestion, immune function, and energy level.

Months 4-6
    Months 4-6 are when I started taking Doxy for mycoplasma, transfer factor and famvir for ebv. I also underwent a series of 12 anti-viral IV's at the FFC. This is when things started to get tough.

I came home from IV #6 and very suddenly had flu symptoms. I had days of pain, lethargy, and feeling sick to my stomach. I had a couple of really rough days. Concerns about digestive problems landed me at the gastro doctor and earned me a colonoscopy. (Not as bad as you might think) and everything came out fine, and the problems eventually disappeared.

Months 6-9
    I kind of woke up one morning thinking "hey I don't feel too bad today." And every day since then, I keep feeling better and better. I can physically do so many more things than I could 9 months ago. I really felt trapped then, now I am FREE.

The icing on the cake
    Since I have been feeling better, I am been able to resume more and more activity and I was able to get back on my lo-carb style diet. (I have PCOS, and a low sugar diet seems to be the best way to control it) I have lost 56 pounds in the last 3 months or so!!

The future?
    My follow up test results still show mycoplasma and ebv, but its rough because those antibody levels can persist for a long time after the infections. Since I am feeling so good, we've decided to let it go for awhile and see if the levels drop over time.

What I'm taking now?
    Amusingly enough, I've always wanted to take a more natural approach to things and not pop a lot of pills. A thought I had to laugh at as I swallowed what seems like a billion pills from the FFC.

Today, I am down to my T3, transfer factor (because of the ebv presence), Maitake Mushroom, and the occasionaly use of Rest and restore for sleep, release and renew for joint and muscle aches, and jarro dophilus.

Facts being facts, most of us can't afford to stay on all this stuff forever, and I've eliminated the things I didn't believe were helping me.

Conclusion
    While the FFC's cannot cure everybody, I am grateful that there is somebody out there trying to help those of us who have been more or less written off by the regular medical community.

I'm happy to answer any questions. The inspirational posting of other patients on this board really helped me when things got rough.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/06/2006]
  2. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

It is great to hear that the FFC protocol is helping you .
    I hope you continue to improve. Keep us posted please !
  3. pawprints

pawprints New Member

So happy for you and thank you for posting!!

I may have to change FFC locations...currently at Ft. Worth. Which doc do you see in Dallas? I assume you are happy with the doctor and the office. Results like that sure can put a smile on your face.

Pawprints
  4. findmind

findmind New Member

I am so happy for you!!!!

this is wondeful news.

I commend you on your fortitude. You are blazing a trail that may become "standard practice" in medicine.

May you continue to strengthen and be well and happy!

There's always hope!
    findmind
  5. intrigue

intrigue New Member

I see Dr Kippels. Yes, I have been happy with him. He's been very understanding and hasn't pushed me in my treatments. When I was feeling really badly, during my viral IV's, he even came back to check on me in the IV room for a few minutes.

He always makes me aware of new treatments they are offering, but I have never felt pressured to buy them.

I believe that they have also added a third doctor to Dallas, but I don't know anything about him/her.

Thankfully, I have not been there much lately. I don't go back till Aug 1.
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

this info! Happy to hear the good news! i wish there was a FFC in MT.!!
  7. pawprints

pawprints New Member

Thanks for the information. I wish you continued health.
  8. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

thanks for sharing...
  9. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Thank you for your inspiring story. By the way, what are IV Virals and what is in them? Do you take any oral antivirals?

Thanks,

CherylSue