FFC Dallas - My First Visit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by intrigue, Oct 5, 2005.

1. intrigue

intrigue New Member

I had my first visit with the FFC in Dallas on Monday.

If you want to read about my background with FMS, check out my profile.

As you probably already know, the doctor spends about an hour with you talking about your sitation and your problems and then makes a recommendation to begin treatment. Dr. Kippels was very nice, and he seemed to actually listen AND hear what I was saying. I brought in copies of bloodwork that had been done over the last two years,and he seemed appreciative. He did a basic physical exam (listened to my heart and lungs, made me say AHHH, looked at my eyes and ears) and of course the pressure point test for fibro.

One of the things he found that surprised me is a white coating on my tongue indicating a Candida (yeast) infection. He, of course, diagnosed me with FMS and CFS. I have previous blood results showing EpStein Barr, and he thinks I may have thyroid issues.

He prescribed nystatin for the yeast, and what I am assuming to be a standard coctail of nutritional supplements. (I'll list them at the end). He offered me an IV, which I turned down. (I don't really do so well with needles)

Then... on to the lab. Now, here's where I should point out that I am a big huge baby. I don't do well with needles, and I don't deal well with excessive blood loss. Hence, the drawing for 30 or so vials of blood was nothing short of torture for me. Not pleasant at all. (Again ... HUGE baby!) I don't think they could have paid me enough money to take an IV after that. :)

My general impression: I am hopeful at this point. I have a tendency to be skeptical. I think you have to be in this day and age, and I don't believe everything I hear and read. However, the things I have heard so far make sense, and seem to coroborate other things I've read. I'm anxious to see my blood results to see where we go from hear. For now, I'll take the supplements, and wait for my next appointment. :)

Costs: Doctor's Visit $325
    Supplements $211
    Discount (-$60)
    ----------------------
    Total $476

Insurance will cover the lab work, so I'll get billed for that seperately, and I'll file insurance for the office visit myself.

Supplements:
    Advanced Medical Labs: Energy Extract
    Advanced Medical Labs: Fibro Calm
    Advanced Medical Labs: NT Factor
    Jarro-Dophilus EPS
    Ortho Digestzyme

2. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

I wanted to let you know that when I tried to look at your profile, it was not there. ??

Keep in touch, and let us know how you are doing with the FFC protocol.
    -Laura
  3. intrigue

intrigue New Member

Should be there now ... (Rambly though it is)

:)
  4. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

keep bumping this for more responses. I have only had one visit at the FFC so far. Yes, many traditional doctors can be cold. I think sometimes it's a blow to there ego when they don't know what to do for us.
    I hope that the FFC can help you.....
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I go to the Dallas FFC too and I love all the staff there. They are wonderful. I go to doctor Spurlock. I started going in April and I have improved greatly. My bloodwork is getting near normal levels on many things, I have alot more energy. I am so glad I went, because I have some hope again.

How long did you stay? I was there about 6 days. My family and I did some site seeing while we there. Keep us updated on how you are doing.
  6. intrigue

intrigue New Member

I actually live about 16 miles north of Dallas, and work only a few miles away from the FFC clinic.

Glad to hear you are benefitting from the treatments!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/05/2005]
  7. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

Thanks so much for sharing this. I haven't made an appointment yet, but plan to do so after attending the informational seminar on the 17th.

Where do you live? I'm right on the Plano/Richardson line east of Central. I work at Royal and Central, so I'm about 2.5 miles from the FFC here. Just curious!

Keep sharing ... I'm getting braver each time I hear of someone's experiences! I hope you start feeling better soon!!

Kat
  8. intrigue

intrigue New Member

I live up in Wylie (East of Plano), and I work at Richland College (635 and Abrams)

For what its worth, I did check out Drs. Spurlock and Kippels on the texas state board of medicine web site to make sure they didn't have outstanding issues.

So far I'm glad I went, and I really am anxious to see my blood results.