FFC feeling worse?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bioman85, Dec 15, 2005.

1. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

hey, for all those going to FFC -- wondering how long you were feeling worse before things started to turn around. I started the meds a little over a month ago (abx just a couple weeks ago) and definitely feel pretty crappy. The doctor said it would be at least 4 months until I see any improvemebt, but just looking for everyone's experience with this particular aspect of it. Any advice would be appreciated! The main things I have are the candida, mycoplasma, and chlamydia.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

On how long one has been sick. It took 2 1/2 years on the Doxycycline to clear up my mycoplasma infection. I know that the FFC's treat more aggressively, so it is possible that healing is faster. Mycoplasmas live inside the body's cells and only go into the bloodstream when they kill off their host cells. That is when they are vulnerable to being killed off. One will Herx over and over until they are gone and one no longer needs the ABX. The Herxing usually gets less severe as more and more are killed off and fewer are left to kill.

In between Herxing, one usually starts to feel better. Healing from chronic infections isn't easy but the alternative is to just get sicker and sicker with pathogens using our bodies as their hotels and sucking the life out of us.

I hope you are feeling better soon. Just keep telling yourself that it has to get worse before it gets better.

Love, Mikie
  3. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

However, I started in August, didn't start anti-yeast until a month and a half ago and that's when I really started feeling crappy. And I know it will take at least 3-6 months of die-off.