FFC, first visit in Los Angeles--9/29/05

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by laura81655, Oct 2, 2005.

1. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Hi everyone,

I met with Dr. Tenebaum at the Los Angeles FFC on 9/29/05.
    He addressed my symptoms and feels that most of my problems are due to hormonal imbalances. He said, "when one thing is off it effects everything else".

I brought in my bloodwork results from my HMO. He noted that my thyroid TSH was high, 361 which is indicative of hypothyroid. My regular docs said it was fine, we have all heard this before! BTW, if you decide to bring in lab test results, he said I won't have to repeat some of it.

He also noticed from my 24-page questionaire that I am very sensitive to meds so he will go slow with me. He said he is usually very aggressive with his treatments.

Dr. T also wants me to cut back on my elavil--50mg to 25mg.
    because it causes day time fatigue. I may choose to wait on this because it helps me to sleep fairly well.

The compounding Pharmacy will be sending me progesterone cream and a very small dose of cortisol. I told him I tried the hydrocortisone before with bad side effects, so he is having me on a lower dose.

He doesn't think I have Candida (not enough symptoms) or Lyme, but my DH wants me tested for Lyme anyway, also doesn't think I have hidden viruses, but, he may have to see what the bloodwork reveals.

Bloodwork--

Lyme
    TSH--3rd generation
    Free--T4
    Fre-T3
    Estradiol
    DHEA
    Prolactin
    Testosterone
    Serotonin
    NK Cell
    EBV

Oh, and he said that my diet is good and that I take a lot of good Supplements(thanks to this board) so the only one I bought was L-glutathione.

I go back in three weeks.

Could use any helpful feedback !!
    Thanks,

Laura
  2. MKlady

MKlady New Member

Your results so far are encouraging, I'd say. I'm at FFC Las Vegas (just had 2nd visit) and also am a hormonal mess - thyroid, adrenal, pituitary, testosterone, along with B12 deficiency and hypercoagulation. They're starting me on T3/T4 and cortisol from the compounding pharmacy - the Rx should arrive next week. Also take NADH, DHEA, pregnonelone, B12, and more. It's worth it to know what's wrong and to take charge of it - even though sometimes I feel worse I know I'll feel better eventually!
  3. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

4. lilbird

lilbird New Member

Hi, I go to the FFC in Los Angeles also. I see Dr. Whightman. I have been taking Progestorne, estrogen, testostorne and thyroid T3 for a few months now. I am starting to feel a little stronger. I am also having allot less pain. I would say the hormones cut my pain by 90%.

I am still battling with fatigue but have resently started treating Lyme, HHV6, EBV and Mycoplasma pneumoniae so as we kill off all this stuff it has made me feel worse on some days.

You got to see Dr. Tenebaum himself. How did you like him?

That would be really great if all you have to deal with is hormone issue's. I am a big fan of there bio-identical hormones. Like I said they in themselves have made me feel much better.

Keep us up to date.

Cathy
  5. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Wow-- hormone therapy has cut your pain by 90% That is sooo encouraging to hear! I'm sorry that you have to go through treatment for the Lyme and infections--I'm sure that is a rough road at times.

Thankyou so much for responding and I will keep in touch with you.

Dr. Tenenbaum was nice, very young, knowledgeable. I had to laugh though, he did say"I know exactly what's wrong with you." Sure hope so, after seeing so many doctors all these years!

-Laura
  6. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

The FFC no. in Los Angeles is - 310-375-2705
    You can go to www.hormoneandlongevitycenter.com to find more info about them
    Good luck to you...
  7. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

Hi Laura,
    Do you know if you can have hormone problems without a high thyroid? My blood test came back with everything in the ok range..>I'm only 39 years old...
    I started taking High Complex B and B-6 vitamins last week. I crave carbs, and was told to get away from the bad carbs...breads, pasta, rice, potatoes..
    Whatcha think?
  8. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Hi Laura,

I'm glad your visit went so well. I'm going to visit 3 in Seattle FFC on 10/12.

I think I'm going to be working on hormone levels for a long time. The only one that was ok was Estrogen and it was off the charts. So, I'm starting on 4 others. I've been taking T3 in the form of Cytomel for about a month and haven't felt much change.

I like the idea of 90% less pain, too. Wish it would hurry up and happen.

Good for you being already in good shape on the diet and supplements. Maybe I'll get there someday.

Take care!

Francie
  9. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

jpach007 - go to the hormoneandlongevity site I mentioned to Wakemeup - and check at what they say concerning thyroid.
    The usual tests just aren't enough to diagnose it seems, I think craving carbs is also one of the symptoms - that's me also.

Francie - I know what ya mean about playing the waiting game--at least now we have more hope than before! I hope you do well with all of this too.

Laura