FFC goers and others . . .

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by onedaymagpie, Jul 8, 2006.

1. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

Last time I saw my FFC doctor, I asked about the new CDC study re genes (Bioman did a new post on this). I mentioned how encouraged I was by it. He just kind of responded - oh yeah. So, I asked again about his thoughts about it and he just kind of said - we'll see.

So I'm wondering if you other FFC'ers have asked about this study and if so, what feedback you have gotten? I must assume that he has read the study - it was just odd how reticent he was??

Cheers to all
    Mag
  2. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

hi there - yea, I could not help but get the feeling that he was not interested in talking about it - given the possible chance of an actual cure . . . But was wondering if others have raised it with their doctors - would love to know their read on it . . .
    m
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Mag:

My doc for FM says 'NO' to everything I have suggested. He a teaching doctor in a major medical school and seemed to have known what meds to put me on.

I asked for trigger point injections....NO
    I asked about my supplements.....You are wasting your money
    Is there a cure?..........NO
    What is this symtom from.................Fibromyalgia

Then he wants low-impact aerobics from a DVD I can do 3-5 times a week. Also added in Synthroid even though I tested normal:

Why?..................because it helps FM.

Holy, moly.....he is wonderful and has done everything to change my shoes and my wait.

He does everything for me (meds and all) but he is definitely opinionated about the disease.

As you said 'reticent' they can be?

nyrofan
  4. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

I doubt there is really much anyone can do about it without further studies...
  5. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

Thank you for your replies: you all raise good points. And I admit I have felt optomistic about the study - that at least something concrete is being done. But no senses getting ahead of things.

As for the FFC doc, I was just kind of surprised that with FM and CFS being his area, he would not have had more comments about it.