FFC? Help please!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chopindog, Oct 22, 2005.

1. chopindog

chopindog New Member

I am wondering if any of you going to ffc have medicaid, and if they will pay for the labs and the meds suggested. Or if because FFC is not covered by medicaid will they not even pay for them, even though they are prooved beneficial.I have no insurance and I have recently applied for medicaid. If I am approved for it I will have to pay or have a spend down of $900 per mounth. I just don't no what to do! I could really use some advice!!!!! thankyou, Joy
  2. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

They do not take Medicaid. Part of the reason they don't file insurance is some of the treatments are so new many insurance companies won't pay! heck my insurance still doesn't pay for birth control. They wouldn't pay for a mamogram if I did not have high risk factors until I turned 40.

I have a friend who works in a Drs office and all she does is file claims. The stories she tells are unbelieveable. Good Luck and read they posts and research what is being done.

Look for a dr who will do dsome of the same things like Mikie has done! We will always answer any questions about FFC treatments to help you! Lynn
  3. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

I wish I could tell you more about the Medicaid. I do not have Medicaid.

I have Medicare as my primary insurance. As Lynn said, the FFC does not take insurance, patients have to file on their own. However, the lab they use is Quest. Quest will directly submit the claims to insurance. For me, they submitted to both Medicare and Uniform Medical, my secondary insurance.

The result was that Medicare has paid all of my labs so far, at their "allowable" rate for the particular test. I have not paid anything at all for the labs. The cost of the labs so far is in the thousands. So I think that's a pretty darn good deal.

Out of pocket I must pay for the office visits and non-covered supplements. My secondary insurance covers most of the cost of the prescription medications.

Have you thought about contacting Medicaid to ask them if the labs will be covered through them? Will you have any prescription medication coverage?

I'm not familiar with what you are saying about the part where either you will have to pay or spend down $900...what does that mean?

Have you applied for SSD, or have you thought about doing that?

Chopindog, I just read your profile. For such a young person you have gone through more than a lifetime of great difficulties. Yet, you have been able to triumph over so much. These illnesses CFIDS/FM may have knocked you down, but I have so much confidence that you will be able to find your road to recovery as you have before.

I hope that you don't mind if I butt in further. As a former social worker and counselor, as well as a person living with CFIDS/FM, I am concerned about the many traumas that you have experienced, from your early days, and the alcoholic mom, the people close to you who were so ill, and the manner in which you super-humanly cared for them. I believe that these experiences have contributed to your illness by impacting your immune system, your HPA axis (hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis) your ability to self-care, and your vital life energy.

Although you didn't ask for my advice, I'll risk sharing my thoughts with you, and hope that you can hear my concern and care. If you so far have not, or still need to, I ask that you consider seeking a qualified counselor to help you work through your previous experiences and help you in dealing with stress. The profile that you have shared strongly indicates that as an Adult Child of an Alcoholic (ACOA) counseling would be to your benefit.

I've really butted in here, and hope so much that I've not offended you, but am just trying to reach out.

Wishing you the best of hope and healing,
    Hopeful4
  4. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

For all of you on Medicare.

FFC CANNOT ACCEPT YOU AS A PATIENT AND THEN NOT BILL MEDICARE FOR YOUR CARE. THEY CAN REQUIRE THAT YOU PAY, BUT IF THEY ARE NOT PARTICIPATING, WHICH MEANS THEY DON'T TAKE CONSIGNMENT, THEY ARE ONLY PERMITTED TO CHARGE YOU WHAT MEDICARE WOULD PAY PLUS FIFTEEN PERCENT. THAT, IS THE LAW.

Even if they are not participating, and participating means that they accept Medicare with you or a secondary paying a small additional co-pay, THEY MUST, BY LAW, BILL MEDICARE FOR YOU. NO GIVE YOU THE RECEIPTS AND YOU FILE.

THEY MUST FILE FOR YOU. NO IFS, BUTS, OR MAYBES.

Additionally, even though I go to FCC, I THINK THEY COULD GET IN VERY, VERY BIG TROUBLE FOR DOING WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

IT JUST TAKES ONE MEDICARE PATIENT TO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THEIR BILLING OR TRYING TO GET REIMBURSED AND THEY COULD GET SO BUSTED.
  5. goldielocks

goldielocks New Member

im on medicade but i dont no what ffc is