FFC in Amarillo is closing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by polliwog, Jul 22, 2006.

1. polliwog

polliwog New Member

Dear Friends,
    I haven't posted for a long time, and I have really been getting worse, especially in the fatigue dept. I live in a very tiny city, about 2 hours from Amarillo, TX, and I finally decided to investigate and go to the FFC clinc there. This is a BIG MONEY commitment for me and my husband because we are living on our retirement income.

I had my first appointment over there on 7/07/2006 and the doctor said that I have both chronic fatigue and Fibromyalgia, and he feels that I also have an overload of yeast in my system. He started me on some supplements, gave me Diflucan and Lunesta as prescriptions, and wrote an order for HRT in the natural creams. I have tried repeatedly to get their formulary to fill the order, and as of yet I still don't have them. He ordered the battery of 28 blood tests, which I was supposed to find out about on Aug. 7.

The people in the Amarillo office were very helpful and excited because they were moving at the end of July to a brand new building, which, they said they would send me the directions to before my next appointment.

I spent over $600.00 on my first visit and the supplements, not including the prescriptions that were another $45.00 and still have to pay for the HRT about $100.00 when they fill it. My insurance may not pay for the blood tests so God only knows what I am looking at there.

Then, Friday, I got a letter stating that their Amarillo office is closing for good, and that if I want I can continue at one of their other centers. Let's see, a plane ticket to Dallas or Ft. Worth, hotel for several weeks, a rental car, etc etc.

Unbelievable!!!! Why did the "Management" of this group not even inform the employees of that office that they were closing?

This was the best hope I have had in 17 years of messing with "Traditional" medical Drs. and I must say I cried most of Friday afternoon after I got the letter.

They suggest that I should have them send my records to a doctor of my choice! I went to them because they were my choice! Now, another thing, they say I could do telephone interviews with a doctor in one of their centers, but how can they give me the IV treatments the doctor said that I would need for 3 months? I just have lost faith in these people. It makes no sense to me. Polliwog
  2. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

As a medical professional for years, prior to becoming disabled, I HAD SOME QUALMS ABOUT THE FFC from the first moment.

Like all of us, I was DESPERATE FOR ANY HELP. DESPERATE.

HOWEVER, when they wouldn't tell me what was in the IV's, I didn't have to have the percentages, but I DID HAVE TO KNOW WHAT WAS IN THEM, and refused them when they refused to tell me AND THEY GOT NASTY OVER THE REFUSAL, I KNEW SOMETHING WAS ROTTEN IN DENMARK.

I saw them three more times, little help, then received a prescrip and med for a problem, had A REALLY BIG PROBLEM WITH THE MED, called back AND THE DOC WAS GONE, IT WAS THE END OF THE YEAR, NO APPOINTMENTS WITH ANY OF MY DOCS AVAILABLE, AND THE ONE WHO HAD PRESCRIBED IT GONE, POOF, NOT A WORD, AND I HAD SEEN HER SOMETHING LIKE TEN DAYS BEFORE.

THAT IS THE LEGAL DEFINITION OF ABANDONMENT. THEY HAVE TO BE AVAILABLE, BEARING HEALTH OR OTHER CATASTROPHY, FOR 30 DAYS, AFTER NOTIFYING THEIR PATIENTS. TX BOARD agreed with me.

However, THIS STINKS, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE WAY. I WOULD, IN YOUR CASE, DEMAND THAT THEY PAY FOR THE LABS, THAT IS THE LEAST THEY CAN DO UNDER THE SITUATION, AND TELL THEM THAT YOU ARE CONTACTING THE BOARD IN TX FOR DOCS, IF NOT.

I LIVE IN TX, AND I SPOKE WITH THEM ABOUT THE HOUSTON OFFICE WHEN THEY WENT YAHOO, AND THEY HAD RECEIVED OTHER COMPLAINTS.

TELL THEM YOU KNOW THAT THERE ARE OTHERS WHO ARE NOT HAPPY, AND THAT YOU SHALL REPORT THEM TO THE BOARD.

THEY WILL, IF THEY HAVE ANY SENSE, PAY FOR THE LAB WORK, AT LEAST, IF NOT REFUND YOUR MONEY IN FULL.

This is the POOREST, OF THE POOR IN ETHICS AND STANDARDS OF PROFESSIONALISM.

3. suz9601

suz9601 Member

I'm sorry this has happened to you, but after reading about Dallas last week and now this, I have decided not to go to these centers. It seems they are closing or the docs are leaving left and right. This doesnt seem right and I have a bad feeling about these places. I am like you, very sick w/o a good doctor and was about to go to Dallas but cancelled my appt and now I am glad I did. I hope you can find someone to help you and get some answers cause this just isnt right. I wonder if it has anything to do w/ Tietelbaum taking over as medical director????
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

but i think if they were true professionals...they would accept medicare and other insurance plans...who else need this help more than the disabled from this syndrome...

well i will have to wait for the researchers to find a cure or the cause so they can start treating us..

jodie
  5. Empower

Empower New Member

I am very leary of these centers in general. I know some people swear by them, but you have to make a smart decision and do upfront research.

A lot of us don't have out of pocket money to spend, so we have to spend our money wisely.

I myself had decided to go because I too was desperate, until I decided to do a check on the doctor in charge.

If you decide to go them, I would strongly advise that you do a check on the doctor in your area that runs them.

There is a lot of info you can find out about a doctor by visiting the net and looking up your state health board.

NOw, any time I visit ANY new doctor or dentist, I do research on the net about them.