FFC in Dallas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by namow, May 4, 2006.

1. namow

namow New Member

Anyone here who has gone to the FFC in Dallas? Did you have a good experience and which doctor did you see?
    Or did you go to the one in Fort Worth? which one is better???
    Any input would be apreciated.
  2. intrigue

intrigue New Member

I've been going to the FFC Dallas since Oct of last year. I see Dr. Kippels. Both he and the staff have been absolutely wonderful. I have been through alot in the last six months (you can read my previous posts), and they have been very supportive.

I am about 85% better now, and getting stronger each week. I go back next week for my follow up test results, and hopefully will graduate into maintenance.

Dallas FFC is having their monthly open house on May 9 from 6:30-8:30 PM. You can get a tour of the clinic, and have the opportunity to see both Dr's and ask them questions. They also used to give you a discount coupon. (I don't know if they still do that though)

Good luck, and let me know if I can answer any other questions for ya!
    -Ellen
  3. namow

namow New Member

in your old posts that you felt sick, you mean like really awful or tolerable? I"m afraid that if I start feeling worse I might just forget about it.
    Also I am extremely sensitive to medications and that is scary to me because they prescribe antivirals and so many other things....I'm just confused about what to do!!!!!!!
  4. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

Hello... everyone in the DFW area. I am from the area too. I do not go to the FFC clinic , just wanted to say "HI - YAW".

jenni
  5. intrigue

intrigue New Member

Pretty much universally you can expect to feel worse before you feel better if you undergo an aggressive regimen. Now, how bad you feel seems to vary ALOT from person to person and depending on what you are diagnosed with.

I had a really bad couple of weeks about three months into the treatment. I have Epstein Barr and I went through a series of 12 anti-viral IV's to treat it. It was pretty rough. I seem to have herxed more than most people though. Also, I am a huge needle-phobic weenie ... so just the idea of an IV is enough to freak me out.

Also keep in mind, Dr. Kippels was perfectly willing to slow down the treatments to reduce the herxing. I chose to stay with it because I wanted to get it behind me.

- Ellen
  6. namow

namow New Member

I really would like to go ahead and go to the FFC clinic and at the same time it really scares me, I'm I a chicken or what?
    And thank your for your replies, people here are very nice!
  7. kalina

kalina New Member

I have been going for about a year now, and see Dr Kippels.

Treatment has been fairly aggressive, and maybe it's due to all the Herxing, but I still don't feel better. I guess that's to be expected at first. But the doctor said he was hoping to get me feeling better by now, so I don't know what to think.

I do think the FFC is generally on the right track, though. I've talked to many patients in the IV room who are feeling better.

NAMOW: Are you as close to the Fort Worth office as the Dallas office? I really liked Dr Larry Sharp at the FW clinic, and he would have been my first choice if I lived closer.

Kalina