FFC in Detroit, MI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by morningsonshine, Nov 11, 2005.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Does anyone use this center, and how was your experience?
    Thanks
  2. toronto133

toronto133 New Member

Recently nc2004 was there. You can do a search by username to locate her posts. I was interested as well because I was deciding which FFC to go to.

Good luck,

Denise
  3. nc2004

nc2004 New Member

Hi morningsonshine,

I have just started at the Detroit FFC. I have had my first visit two weeks ago. This is what I wrote before:

"I had my first appt. at the Detroit FCC yesterday. If you have visited their website, gone to their free introductory seminar or read posts on here, is was exactly like I expected.

Met first with the RN, Kim, who was very nice. Took my vitals, etc. Then the Dr. came in. He is an retired OB/GYN. He was very nice and understanding. (I didn't get "warm and fuzzies" from him tho.) He went through an explanation of what they believe "causes" FM/CFS and how all the "systems" interact. He had already studied my 24-page medical questionnaire that I had faxed in the day before. He asked some questions, then did a very quick physical check (heart, lungs, reflexes and tender points). He then recommended supplements and IV treatments and ordered blood tests.

I then went to have the blood draw--30 vials. By now I was very shaky (having not eaten since 7pm the night before and it was already 2:30pm) so they sent my husband and I out to eat. Then we came back for the IV Treatments. I took all three recommended: One of basic supplements for energy, one for brain fog and one with some medicines for pain.

It took almost 2 hours to do the IV treatments. While in the IV room, I talked to 2 other people. One gentleman was there for his 2nd IV, so he didn't know much more than I did. The lady, though, has been using the FFC since May. She was bedridden until she started there. She is doing great and highly recommends the program.

This morning, I definitely feel more energy. My pain levels are about the same."

I have had two IV treatments now and have been on the supplements for 2 1/2 weeks. I definitely have more energy in the morning (still poop out early) and some decrease in pain.

I have talked to 5 other patients while there, but other than the lady I met the first day, the others are all starting like I am.

I have my appointment to get the results of the blood tests on this Wednesday. To me, that is where the rubber meets the road.

From reading other posts, the treatment plans all seem to follow a similar protocal, but the "bed-side manner" of the physicians sound very different based on center.

Any questions, just ask. Pam
  4. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Thank you for the info. nc2004. The IV stuff kinda freaks me out!! The help, sounds as scary as the disease. Yes, I'm a big baby!!!
  5. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

on the IV's. Just seeing one in someone else's arm give me the heebie-jeebies!

I also have a limited tolerance for blood drawing. I have learned to manage one vial. I thought I was going to pass out when they took either 3 or 5 vials a few years ago. I don't think I could ever make it through 30. I'm not even sure I have that much blood!
  6. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

When you get the Ivs you are in a recliner in a calming room with music playing you can sit back and close your eys and they will cover it up with a towel if you wish. They try to make it as noninvasive and pleasant as possible. Also the nurse at the ATL is such a pro she does the Iv really smooth. Lynn