FFC in Philadelphia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chmolz23, Oct 18, 2005.

1. chmolz23

chmolz23 New Member

Hello,

I was seriously contemplating trying the FFC in Philadelphia. Has anyone had any experience at the Philadelphia location and had any success? I am a little concerned about the expense of the I.V.'s, I know Insurance companies generally don not pay for them.

Thank You for your help!
  2. smokeyjoej

smokeyjoej New Member

Dear Chmolz,
    Your insurance company may reimburse you at your out of network rate for IV and injections received at the center, as well as for the MD office visit fee. Why don't you call your insurance company and see what percentage they reimburse for outpatient services like IVs and injections? Insurance companies usually DO NOT reimburse for dietary supplements in pill form.
  3. chmolz23

chmolz23 New Member

Thanks for the information I appreciate it, have you ever been to the Philadelphia FFC?
  4. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

hey chmolz,

I had my first visit at the FFC on 10/12, but I did not get any of the IVs. I will be going back in November for the results.

chris
  5. chmolz23

chmolz23 New Member

Bioman:

Thanks for the response , just curious what exactly do they do on the first day at FFC anything major? Did you have confidence in the physician who treated you?

Thanks

Chmolz23
  6. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

When I got there, I first met with the nurse who checked my vitals and briefly went over my symptoms. Then the doctor came in, and went over my questionaire. Then she told me what bloodwork she was going to take, and then they sent me next door to get the bloodwork. Then I went back to the office and scheduled an appointment for 3 weeks from that date to discuss my bloodwork. Then they gave me the supplements the doctor wanted me to take (Only 2 - the end fatigue powder and NT factor pills)

chris
  7. chmolz23

chmolz23 New Member

Bioman;

2 supplements is very good considering I am currently taking 14 supplements. Thanks for the information.

chmolz23
  8. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

Well, as I have CFS and no pain, maybe that is why I am not taking as many supplements as you.

chris
  9. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

The F to F powder drink is really a chronic fatigue answer to a daily multiple vitamin. I credit it with making my skim glow and my hair and nails strong. Either that or the fish oil capsules. Good Luck with your treatments and please post your results! Lynn
  10. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

for letting us know what you're taking. I'm very curious about the suppliments and drugs FFC uses.
  11. Frecker777

Frecker777 New Member

Chris,
    I am in Philly as well and after perusing some of your posts see you saw Dr Katz (had the same reaction to him as you) and Dr Nurse-Bey in King of Prussia. Would like to talk with you off the board about some of these docs…can I have your email address? Mine is Frecker777@aol.com
    Thanks,
    Carrie
  12. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Alot of the supplements are simple things my healthy friends take like fish oil and garlic. I take the miyake mushrooms which my Aunt who is battleing cancer is taking. I found this very interesting. Lynn