FFC Infectious panel Please Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pawprints, Mar 17, 2006.

1. pawprints

pawprints New Member

To all those going to the FFC and anyone else knowledgeable about these diseases, I need some help.

I live far from my FFC in Ft. Worth. They are sending me a lab request for the infectious panel now that I have been on Heparin for a month.

Here is my question:

Can I just take this form to my local Quest. Does Quest run all these labs or farm them out to more sophisticated labs? I am curious because the HHV-6 is a complicated test that is usually done by PCR. I am not so sure about the others. Did anyone have the nasal swap for Coag Neg Staph?

I would assume these do not need to be fasting?

Many thanks for your help!! It is tough for me not being near the center. If I spend the money to do these tests, I want to make sure they are done right...but don't want to fly back to Texas just yet.

Shana...who is feeling very overwhelmed with all this at the moment.

PS: The doctor did run an Igenex when I was there. Many IND bands but he feels that Lyme is part of my problem. Of course, we know everything must be taken into consideration.

2. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

My experience was the same. Just think you are getting close to finding out what the heck is going on with you and treating it! You are on the road to recovery! Lynn
  3. pawprints

pawprints New Member

I think I double posted this by mistake. I have a "bad" brain. I hope I can get a new one in the parts department.

I will schedule for bloodwork and let you'all know how it turns out.

They did not check off for the nasal swap...but I would
    have liked to see everything done.

Hopefully,now that I have been on my Heparin, any infections will show up.