FFC IVs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bpmwriter, Jun 20, 2005.

1. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

I've heard a whole range of experiences on the IVs administered at the FFC. Personally, I've noticed that for 4-7 days after my IV, I had very little pain and fog was way down. Does anyone know exactly what's in the basic IV? I didn't get the colloidal silver or anything like that. It was Vit C, Magnesium, Glutathione and Carnitine, but there was more. They didn't tell me it was proprietary like some others have mentioned. I saw a sheet with the ingredients, but I can't remember them all.

Eddie
  2. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

I'd like to know more of what is in the IV's. I am trying to read many posts on here about FFC experiences from others. How many IV's are necessary? -Thanks,
    Laura
  3. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

is what I had at the FFC. Here's what my handout says is in it:

Dilute Hydrogen Peroxide (0.038%) Magnesium Chloride
    Manganese
    DMSO

The first time I had it, it helped me for 3 weeks with reduction of pain and stiffness. The second time around it helped for about a week, especially with improved energy.

I'm not sure what was in yours, but you could have them send you a handout.
    Take care,
    Hopeful4
  4. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I do remember the nurse saying there's something that helps numb the pain like Lidocane but I'm not sure if that's the name.

Sandy
  5. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

the ingredients you've listed, is that for what they call the "standard" IV? that's all my documentation says, no ingredients listed. i'll have to ask the doc on my next visit because i felt much better the week after. i'm looking to find someone local to me for IVs.

eddie
  6. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

On the special IVs they will tell whats in them but not how to mix and amounts. That is proprietary. I think the standard IV is a meyers cocktail. I had the antiviral today. She told me it had licorice in it amoung other things. Good Luck Lynn
  7. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

I don't know what the standard IV is. Mine was called an Oxidative IV. I hope you are able to get your questions answered by your doctor at your next visit.

Take care,
    Hopeful4
  8. SusEQ

SusEQ New Member

Hi,

At the FFC of Cleveland, I received a paper "Fibromyalgia & Fatigue Center IV Therapy". It lists the ingredients in the Standard IV as:

Asorbic Acid
    Magnesium Chloride
    B Complex
    Dexpanthenol (B5)
    B6
    Procaine
    B 12
    Bicarb
    Calcium Gluconate
    Acetyl L Carnitine
    AMP

Plus IV Push Glutathione (Administer after IV Infusion)

I feel much better after having the Standard IV. I have had up to 12 good days after the IV where I've had very little pain and much less fatigue.

SusEQ
  9. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Ok Folks the Viral Plus IV contains: All the ingredients of the standard IV plus

Thymus substance(stimulates white blood cells and lymphcytes production and helps white blood cells to recognize pathological organisms)
    Glycyrrhizinate licorice root- reduces imflammation, promotes secretion of mucous soothes irritation and stimulates the activity of the adrenal glands.

Back and Muscle:
    Lidocaine
    Dimethyl Sulfoxide- Has effects on connective tissue, anti inflammation
    Colchicine- Used to treat gout arthritis

Hope this helps! Lynn

10. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

the info susEQ posted looks to be the IV I received. very effective. for anyone that might know, what is AMP?

also wondering, if i feel MUCH better after receiving an IV which contains basic nutrients, does that mean my main problem lies in the gut (ie. malabsorption)? Seems odd that so many symptoms could spontaneously lift after receiving b vitamins.

eddie
    [This Message was Edited on 06/22/2005]
  11. LdyM

LdyM New Member

Bumping up..
  12. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I am an RN, Advanced Nurse Practitioner, and Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist.

I received the IV for fog on my first visit. Frankly, it hurt, and I am not one to complain about that sort of thing, considering some of the things I had to do to patients. Then, after it hurt for a while in the arm, I began to feel as though I had stuck my head in an oven.

Other than that, couldn't tell I had anything.

I hate to admit this, but my room had become a swamp. I was straightening up, and found one of my FCC bags, picked it up, and three more things fell out of it. I could not believe it. I take so many pills I couldn't bleieve it and then they have three more in there.

The only thing that concerned me was the one that stimulates human growth hormone. My is extremely low, as most of us are, but I had a melanoma some years ago and was set to go to Harvard to be treated for low Human Growth Hormone levels, and they rejectd me because they said that giving it to me, low levels or not, could result in metastasis or recurrence.

I am going to have to rethink some of this.

Plus, with all these supplements I am on, God help me if I have to have an emergency surgery. Some of this stuff does not mingle very well with anesthetics and clotting can be compromised.
  13. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

answer some of my questions I posed yesterday on another post about the fatigue centers.

I'm very interested in these FFC's, but am curious about the IV's. What I am wondering is ...are they (IV supplements) supposed to be continued like, FOREVER? Not necessarily a bad thing. If there's something needful that a person can't assimilate otherwise, it could be justified. But it does make me want to know more.

Thanks
  14. elsa

elsa New Member

I'm glad you are better. Those four ingredients you mentioned are vital to CFS/FM's .... in my way of thinking anyway ! LOL

Do they have pill form supplements to support their IV's ? I guess I can look it up huh ?! What I'm asking I guess is do they have some method to extend the effects of the IV's while you are in between appointments ?

Wish I could have answered your questions ... instead came up with some more for you ! Hope you continue to get better.

Elsa
  15. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

I hate to say this, but it really sounds a bit spooky to me. Is this something that an MD is administering? And is it covered by most standard insurances?

Or is it done through the alternative route by others who have been trained in alternative medicine?

I'm certainly not knocking something that I have never tried, and there are a few testimonies to its powers here. Just saying that something about it makes me very leery. I, too am an RN, but not as extensive a background as tx-person (sorry, can't remember your sign-on).

I guess I'd need to do more research. Something like this has never been mentioned to me by either my PCP or the rheumatologist. Guess that means I'm not a candidate?? Very interesting subject, though, and thank you for sharing! PG
  16. nancyann62

nancyann62 New Member

Dear Eddie,

Please find out what you are taking into your body, the expected results, the reason you are taking it, what it contains, how you can research it, and what side effects are unexpected so you know when to contact the doctor.

I am leary of places where everyone seems to be treated pretty much the same yet many patients don't have a good understanding of what they are putting in their bodies or why.

My advice (for what it is worth) is to get copies of all the blood work and study it before taking any medication.
    It seems as if we all have been ill for quite some time and careful thought and investigation is in order before
    rushing into a treatment program. Just a thought......

nancyann

17. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

1. They tell you exactly what is in the IV just not the quantities that aprt is proprietary.

2. They have several different Ivs dependant on what is going on with the patient. I have yet to meet anyone with exactly the same diagnosis or on the same treatment. That is one of the reasons these problems are so hard to tackle.

3. They give you copies of everything. They treat you as a partner in treatment and nothing is pushed on you. I have researched everything they have suggested to me and gottten the opinion od an MD who is a family friend.

Thanks Lynn