FFC Labs. Help with objective proof of dissability?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chopindog, Mar 30, 2006.

1. chopindog

chopindog New Member

I am wondering if any of you going to the FFC, or who have gone, have been able to use the labs to help you with dissability claims. Either or both SSDI or Long term dissability.

I live in such fear of losing my long term dissbility at the two year mark because they say my illness is subjective. And as for SSDI I applied for the first time way back in august and I still have not been denied or approved, But I know chances are I will be denied.

I just don't know what I am going to do if I don't have any income. I am trying to find out what tests others have had to prove their dissability.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Joy
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i never went to fcc but there are not any labs that i know of to prove the findings yet..it is only subjective for now...they are working on it unfornately we have to give the scientists time to figure this all out..

jodie
  3. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

labs are only used as a method of ruling out other illnesses and therefore all labs would be negative. I am not sure how that would help with disability claims.

I have not been to the FFC myself as there is NO WAY I can afford to pay the prices without insurance.

Your best bet for those claims would be to get a disabilty lawyer to handle it. I have seen quite a few people on this board be happy and successful with Allsup. A lawyer can make sure you have all the info you need and the correct letters and all that stuff.
  4. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

It may have some hints on this subject. do a search as someone posted it, or search the immune support library. I think you can show disability is not just subjective. Jen102
  5. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

I finally have a great lawyer to help me with my disability claim against Un-um Provident. They cut me off a long time ago for silly reasons, and I couldn't make any progress without great legal help. For the first time I'm actually optomistic.

If the FFC gave you a firm diagnosis and you are advised to not work because of your health, it seems like you stand a good chance of getting through the system...but not without a really good lawyer.

Best of luck to you!
  6. chopindog

chopindog New Member

Bump to first page for more replies