FFC Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MKlady, Aug 31, 2005.

1. MKlady

MKlady New Member

I have an appointment at FCC in Los Angeles for the end of October (first one available with Dr. H), but I am considering going up to Las Vegas if I can get in sooner. Anyone had experience with the new Las Vegas center and doctor? Any help would be appreciated - I really don't want to wait for two months if I can get going sooner.
  2. mistyd96

mistyd96 New Member

This center just opened, so I don't know of anyone that has gone. I live here, but cannot afford to go. Let me kow what you find out.

Misty
  3. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

You may have already checked into this, but you may be able to get an earlier appointment at FFC LA if you go to Dr. Wightman or Dr. T (something like Tatenbaum??) who also work in LA. (I see Dr. W and have been happy with him. Lilbird sees him, too). Otherwise, it seems that all of the centers tend to follow the same general approach . . .
  4. MKlady

MKlady New Member

Thanks for the input!!
  5. MKlady

MKlady New Member

My Los Angeles FFC appointment on 10/31 is actually with one of the other doctors, so I decided to go to Las Vegas instad so I can get started sooner. My appointment is for 9/8 and I'm so excited. Based on everything you all have shared, I have great hope that I can get my life back. I'm down to working only about three hours a day from full days working and at least some evenings out and about. It's been really discouraging.

Physical therapy only wore me out more...the supplements I've taken haven't helped...and I feel like my rheumy is just putting drug band-aids on it all.

I'm pretty sure that I have thyroid issues and probably an underlying infections - I had a bad virus four years ago and several successive ear infections last summer.

Lots of emotional trauma from childhood and a car accident (whiplash!) 15 years ago. Plus a childbirth 9 years ago at the age of 44. Lots of potentially precipitating events, plus my mother had "pain and fatigue" for years long before they defined fibro.

I'll keep you posted.