FFC or any folks using NK Stim or Medicinal Mushrooms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hopeful4, Dec 28, 2005.

1. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

I have used Maitiake, I think it was D-fraction, while being treated for breast cancer in '03. Now I'm wondering about going back on it as an alternative to the NK Stim I'm using from FFC.

I have been using NK Stim by Orthomolecular Products as an immune booster, and NK booster, but it's very expensive ($68/month), and with everything else I'm taking, and some financial changes in life, I thought I'd look for something more affordable.

I haven't found the Stim anywhere for more than a dollar or two less. Also, it has olive leaf in it, and I'm not sure if that can be taken with antibiotics.

I've read here that some FFC people are using Maitake or other possibly other medicinal mushrooms. Do you know if that could be a replacement for the NK Stim? Also wondering which brand is used, what cost, and what dosage.

I've read that many different medicinal mushrooms can be helpful. So can anyone recommend which mix or brand to use? I know that Mycomedicinals are a reliable and pure brand, but not sure which ones to use.

Take care,
    Hopeful4

2. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Thank you PJ! Could you tell me what the brand is called? Which FFC are you going to, and how is your treatment going there?

I will say that when I was going through my breast cancer treatment in 2003, my ND boosted me up with so many good things including the Maitake D-fraction, that I felt better then than I do now.

Thanks again, take care,
    Hopeful4
  3. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I take this. I think it's about $100 per bottle. It's a very large bottle though.
  4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Thank you pjmonster and meow for your input. I'll check into it. Sounds like the maitake is helpful to you both.

Take care, and Happy New Year,
    Hopeful4
  5. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I take NK stim and Miyake mushrooms (they really stink!) So far so good for me! Lynn

[ advertisement ]