***FFC Philly patients....question***

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by goaska29, Nov 16, 2005.

1. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

Does anyone know the name/anything about the new doctor taking over for Dr. Nurse-Bey? I just spoke with her yesterday and she was telling me that she has to leave because of the 2 hour commute to Philly.

I've just been newly tested and will start treatment this week. I'm really nervous to have to switch doctors in the middle of all this.

Any info would be helpful...thanks ;)

-GoAskAlice
  2. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I'm not in Philly but we had a simular thing happen in Atlanta. I started with Dr Kelley and then she left to focus on her own practice and they got Dr Bullington. I liked Dr Kelley alot but I love Dr Bullington. She got up to speed pretty quickly and she has a big support network. They have conference calls to discuss patients. They are collecting data on what is and isn't working to better taylor the treatments. I think it it will be fine try not to worry! Lynn
  3. jane32

jane32 New Member

I was in their office yesterday. I have been going for two months. I met the new dr. and he is really funny. HE was decribing soemthing to another patient and he was very caring and just really took his time. I think he explains things a little further then Dr. N. I will miss the other dr. but I think the swtich it a good one. Not to worry:)
  4. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

Thanks to Jane and Lynn,

I've just been to so many doctors that I "trusted" and let me down. Just when I started to trust Dr Nurse-Bey, she's leaving (i of course don't blame her, that commute is brutal). I'm just so much more sensitive now about who's treating me, because some quacks in my past have done more damage than good. I trust the FFC though, they are the only people that really listened to my symptoms without referring me to a shrink!

-GoAskAlice
  5. kimj1215

kimj1215 New Member

Alice:

I met the new doctor yesterday, but for the life of me can't remember his name. My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Nurse-Bey since the center opened in February of this year. I too am really sad to see her go. The new doctor does seem patient and friendly. From what I have read about Bob Baurys and Dr. Holtorf, the centers founders, I don't think they would hire anyone who doesn't have a full understanding and committment to helping CFS/FM patients. While my husbands recovery has been slow, no miracles, he is much better today than he was that day in February when he first went. I wish you all the best in your treatment.

Kim