FFC products where to buy these cheaper?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hootie1, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

Does anyone know where these can be bought cheaper? I found a great site to buy the artimisinim for only $19.95. Any ideas about the Transfactor (4000); mitomax (mitochondrial booster) or miatake D Fraction?
  2. dahopper

dahopper New Member

I will get you a couple of places for some I get cheaper...you may not take what I have found. I found the ProBoost Immune Max and something else (brain fog) But I am not feeling so good right now but I will get it together to post for you. I am on my 10th anti viral IV and it finally has kicked me into the dirt. :-(
    Hugs to you Hootie...Love Debbie
  3. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

You are very kind. Only if it is convenient for you. I will surf to see if I can find anything.
  4. dahopper

dahopper New Member

I am so sorry I have not got back with you about cheaper supplements. I had to take my Mom to another town to a doctor and they ended up putting her in the hospital.

But I did go thru my invoices and found a few but I know I am missing some also. But I did buy Proboost at Better Health for 39.90 a box....FFC was almost double that ( and that really ticks me off) LOL

Not sure if you are taking Boluoke but you can get it at Bio Science for 69.00 and I believe that is about a twenty something savings.

I hope this helps if I find more I will try to let you know.

I dread tomorrow....:-( I go back to FFC for a IV and last weeks nearly killed me. After tomorrow I only have two weeks left. YEA !!

Take care, Love Debbie
  5. elliespad

elliespad Member

Bolouke - Dr. Charles Crist - $63

I see he has NK Stim - $38 - don't remember how much at FFC. Will look up old invoices for you later.

6. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

I get most of my FFC supplements at vitacost. Sometimes I use iherb. Often I first compared the contents of the FFC supplement with the contents on the label of other brands to get something very close or equal to the FFC suggested one.

For maitake I just ordered the new chapter brand. They use the whole mushroom rather than just the D fraction. However they believe that the whole mushroom works more synergistically, and also their mushrooms are organic. The cost is only $15 for one month.

I had very, very low NK (natural killer cells). I used the new chapter Host Defense mushrooms for many months. This one is made up of about 20 medicinal mushrooms. My NK cells are now in the low normal range. Now I'm going to try the maitake by itself.

I buy the nutricology artemisinin for $14.99 at vitacost. You can also use coupon codes to get a discount with them. Today I found ProBoost for $39.95 and free shipping from naturedoc. As you can see, I take bargain shopping seriously!!

Happy shopping,
    Hopeful4
    [This Message was Edited on 11/14/2006]
  7. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

I bought my Miatake D at online at FUBAO health store. It cost 47.95, proboost 39.85 with free shipping.

I purchased my transfer factor 6000 at online at nutrimedical for 85.00. That is almost half of what I paid at the FFC.

hope this helps,
    Andrea
  8. wildworld

wildworld New Member

If you know of a cheaper product that is the same as an FFC product, please post the name of the product and how it compares, if you know. That would be a huge help to lots of us. Thanks!
  9. dahopper

dahopper New Member

So very much for sharing all this info. I get so tired of paying all of this money to FFC !!! I want to get well and if it takes all this to do it so be it but I would rather spread some of this money out. I feel they rape us on all of there supplements. Please Please continue to post quality products that compare to FFC to help fight against there high prices. With much Love, Debbie
  10. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

Thank you everyone! I was inspired after the first couple of posts and now will share more information. :)

I buy supps in 3 mth supply so I don't have the monthly amount in some cases. Anyway, here are some more additions (prices include shipping):

Miatake D Fraction - 360 caps www.Nutritiongeeks.com - $62.90

TF100 - www.immunesupport - 90 caps $57.95

I still am looking for Powercell, but can't seem to find any comparable supplements. Any ideas?

Thanks - this is great!!!!
  11. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

What do you mean by having only 2 weeks left at the FFC? IS there a time limit on their treatment of you? Have you just chosen to leave? Or am I misunderstanding you?
  12. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Here are the ones I found cheaper:
    Liv 52 $16.95 vitamin provider on web
    Fibro Freedom in the store here at immunesupport $42.95
    Transfer factor 7000 Here again for 159.95- FFC charges over $200!
    Corvalen $61.00 at Platt Medical Center online
    Progesterone way cheaper at vitacost
    Buluoke at bioscience for 69.

I've tried finding power cell cheaper but could not find anything comparible cheaper. If anyone else can, please let me know.

Anytime I can help someone buy supplements cheaper than FFC I am happy to do so. I was comparing notes once with someone in the IV room and I think the IV nurse was a little peeved with me. Oh Well!!!

Another thing that Munch brought to my attention is that the nutriceutical AntiViral has BHT in it!!! I won't take this anymore. I now buy some of the main ingredients separatly for much cheaper.
  13. dahopper

dahopper New Member

We are iced and snowed in here and I missed my FFC appointment yesterday in Dallas. :( Oh well.

Lisa Babs is right. Yesterday would have been my last AV IV and now I guess my last one will be next week. OH YES I will still be a on going patient. I have several things needing addressed and will take some time.

I did talk to my doctor by phone yesterday and he will be adding some more medication to my already list. I feel very good at the moment with no herxing. I really get discoraged at times with my treatment and then he always makes me feel so good after a long visit with him. I know in my heart I have a good doctor and on the right track here.

I will post my updat3ed schedule on a new post when my husband gets home with my new medication from the pharmacy.

Thank You Hottie, Elliespad, AngelaG, Hopeful4, Mrstyedawg, & Mollystwin for all the great info on the cheaper products. I may have somemore to post when I get all the info together.

Lets keep this thing going !!! All this gets very expensive!! Gentle hugs, Love Debbie
  14. greeneyeslk

greeneyeslk New Member

15. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Just wanted to butt in here about your IV question. I know they don't help everyone, but they really helped me a lot!! After my first 4 at one a week I had the most marvelous month since becoming ill!! I later crashed for other reasons, but I always feel better after an IV. I now only get them once a month and will soon be stopping entirely.

I would recomend them if you can swing it.
  16. dahopper

dahopper New Member

Yes....I agree with Mollystwin on the IV's Babs. I did really well on them untill the last few. My doctor told me that would happen but just thought I would be the lucky one. Not a chance here...if it comes around I get it !!

I will start back on the back and muscle IV's and they are the ones that really helped me have energy. I am looking forward to them. I am just glad the anti viral IV's are over. Wowwee that was a tuff two months. First week I had to do two a week (and remember I live 3 hours away one way)
    My poor husband was just a trooper thru this.

Babs I hope you get to feeling better and good luck with the new job. I will keep yo in my thoughts and prayers.
    Take care, Hugs Debbie
  17. dahopper

dahopper New Member

The back and muscle IV is full of different vitamins (I know B-12)....I thought I had a list of everything that was in them but I can't find it. I will get that info when I can and post it. The anti virals is used to boost immunity and reduce symptoms caused by viruses.

Components: (in the anti viral IV's)
    Thymus substance-stimulates white blood cell and lymphocytes production, and helps white blood cells to recognize pathological organisms. Thymus is important for proper immune function.

Glycyrrhizinate - Licorice root - reduces imflammation, promotes secretion of mucous (ususally through coughing), soothes irritation, and stimulates the acvtivity of the adrenal glands.

Ascorbic Acid - High dose ascorbic acid has been shown to exhibit anti-viral effects.

Sodium Bicarbonate - Added as a buffer to reduce the possible risk of irritation with high does of ascorbic acid.

As I said if I find info on the B/M IV's I will post it later.

Also I made a mistake here in my last post about my trips to Dallas for my Anti-virals.
    First four weeks I had to go twice a week. Second 4 weeks I only had to go once a week. Sorry about the mistake.

Babs Thanks for asking....I have had some really good energy going on with mild herxing that comes and goes. I have such high hope for months to come. I do for you too.

Take care everyone. Gentle hugs, Love Debbie
  18. dahopper

dahopper New Member

I found the back and muscle info.

Magnesium - A critical mineral related to cellular activity, nerve and muscle function. Fibromyalgia patients benifit from Magnesium supplements for proper muscle function and relaxation, anti stressor capabilities, decreasing fatigue and increasing pain tolerance.

Calicum - Works hand in hand with the magnesium for muscle and nerve function.

Ascorbic Acid - (Vitamin C) - A powerful antoxiant and anti-stress vitamin.

Vitamin B6 - It isnecessary to metabolize proteins, fats, and carbohydrates, to make hormones and neurotransmitters, and to supposrt the immune system.

B12 - hydroxycobalamin - Essential for many functions including: metabolisum, iron absoption, formation of new cells and its ability to decrease body fatigue.

B Complex - Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacinamide, Dexpanthanol, and Pyroxidine.

B Vitamins - Helps the body convert fats, carbohydrates, and proteins into energy. Low levels can manifest as: Muscle pain, fatigue, digestive disturbances, insomnia, and irritability.

AMP - Cells use AMP and ATP to produce energy, boots mitochondrial function.

Lidocaine - Acts as a local anesthetic to provide comfort, reducing pain at the infusion site.

Sodium Bicarbonate - Reduces acidity.

Acetyl - L - Carnitine - Enhances cellular energy in the brain to improve mental performance, aids in energy production, helps with weight loss and works as a fat burner, decreases symptoms of deprssion.

Glutathione - A powerful antioxidant, shown to improve Alzhemiers disease, brain function and reduce brain fog.

NADH - Acts in the formation of ATP, stimulating energy production at the cellular level. NADH is necessary for energy production.

D-ribose - Enhances energy production at the cellular level. Tyrosine - Enhances cognitive ability and has anti-depressant effects. Tyrosine is a precursor to many meurotransmitters in the brain.

The back and muscle IV includes additional lidocaine, a local anesthic shown to decrease pain.

Colchicine - A powerful antiinflammatory used to prevent or treat attacts ofgout (also called gouty arthritis). People with gout have too much acid in their blood and joints. These ingredients combine to ingredients to aid in relief of muscle and joint discomfort.

Babs I love this IV ..... I can not wait to start back on these. I had several before I started the AV IV's and felt wonderful. I hope this helps you some to see which one would benifit you most. Have a good night. Hugs, Love Debbie
  19. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Not sure about the duration of the IV's. I've been having them since May. I think it varies by patient. My IV's take about 45 minutes to administer. The standard IV's cost 120 and the anti viral IV"s are 125.

I'm glad you are feeling so well! I am working but only 20 hours per week. Two days in the office and half day at home. In January I will try to go back to three days in office to see how that works.

I hope you are able to return to work if you want to. It's good that your dr is so supportive.

I have been having some pretty good days myself. I hope this lasts through the holidays for both of us. And EVERYONE! Lets all feel good for the holidays!!
  20. dahopper

dahopper New Member

I think your IV's are a little cheaper from where you live. I pay 125.00 for the B/M and 145.00 for the AV's. But I will be going back to the B/M IV for awhile and that will be a great switch from the others. I know the anti virals had to help and for awhile I felt better on them up until the end of them. Wow then they hurt me. LOL

I hope you are feeling better and hope you have a wonderful day. I always look forward to reading your posts.
    Hugs, Debbie