FFC results!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dakotasweett, Nov 22, 2005.

1. dakotasweett

dakotasweett New Member

To anyone who may be interested...I had my second FFC visit yesterday and received all my blood test results. I must say I am so relieved that a doctor finally may have some answers for me. I was also shocked that I didn't have yet another doctor tell me "all your results are normal".

So here's what they found:

-High viral activity (RNase activity)
    -Very low natural killer cell activity= poor infection clearing ability
    -Shingles
    -Hypothyroidism
    -Low pregnenolone levels
    -High lipoprotein levels and low prothrombin levels= poor oxygenation
    -Low cortisol levels
    -Epstein Barr Virus
    -Low DHEA levels
    -High level of candida in blood
    -Chlamydia pneumonia
    -Very low progesterone levels (that of a post-menopausal woman and I am only 23)

So I was started on many supplements, hormones (via compounding pharmacy) and an anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-biotic!!!! This is the toughest part since I must take 40 pills a day and I have a very hard time swallowing pills...but I am determined to take everything so I can get better in the long run.

If anyone out there is just started treatments at an FFC, I would love to correspond with you...I think it can be very helpful to find support in someone going through something similar.

Thanks so much...everyone have a terrific Thanksgiving!
    -Vanessa
  2. jane32

jane32 New Member

I just started abotu two months ago. I hated taking pills actually never swallowed one in my life until I became sick. I am a pro now-me, my pills, and water bottle. Take with a big gulp of water and you get use to it! I have some of the similiar things as well-I am going to the philly office. I am starting something new each week. I am up to proboost, valtrex-3 grams a day, vitamin drink, iv's every week or every other, nadh,and Nt factor. I have to add the whole candida protocal yet and add in the rest of the EBV items. It is a lot but I am hoping it works. I am in my twenties as well and this is not how I pictured my life:0
  3. vp

vp New Member

Vanessa,

You're about a month ahead of me. My first appt. is Dec. 5th
    Looks like I may finally get some test results that are not "all normal, theres nothing wrong with you". Doesn't it seem strange to wish for abnormal tests!!!

The people on this board are probably the only ones who can relate to this, most people would be relieved to have normal test results.

What part of PA are you from? I grew up about 45 min north of Pittsburgh, but live near Akron, Ohio now.

Valerie
  4. dakotasweett

dakotasweett New Member

30 minutes north of pittsburgh, Valerie. How do you like living in Ohio? I am considering trying to find a job there when I graduate from nursing school. I had a friend who lived in Cleveland and absolutely loved it!

Jane- I am also in my 20s and did not expect my life to be like this...but I have a lot more hope now that things may improve since starting at the FFC.

If either (or both) of you would be interested in being email pals let me know. I don't have any friends with this DD, so it is hard to find adequate support and information from them. I also find that sometimes providing support to someone else can benefit your own emotional state.

Have a wonderful night ladies...and best of luck with your treatments!!!

-Vanessa
  5. vp

vp New Member

Even though I get homesick at times, I don't regret moving here. The weather is about the same, that is unless you move to the snowbelt. They are told the snowfall will be in feet, not inches this weekend. The "snowbelt" is east of Cleveland (and lake Erie). I really like Akron, not too big, not too small. I grew up in the boonies, and bought a house in Distant, PA. in 1990, and lived there until 2002. "Distant" is barely on the map.

I am going to University of Akron now, Hoping to complete a Civil Engineering degree. I can only take 2 classes at a time right now, but hopefully, with the help of FFC that will change by next fall. UA has a wonderful co-op program here, It would be nice to work again, and know all this money and education is worth it.

Valerie
  6. pinkstar

pinkstar New Member

im 10 mins north of pittsburgh currently right now... but my home is in nj right by nyc... and as soon as school ends, i am RUNNING home... energy or not! lol no offense, but its just sooo not for me..

i am still going to return as my bf has moved there and is staying, as well as continuing the ffc treatment there.. i am about 4 months into it.. by the 3rd month, i felt like hell... complete torturous hell... slowly the discomofrt is relieving as most of the viruses have died off... now its just finishing it up to make sure they are dead dead dead!

and then i guess they will redraw numerous vials of blood to check the levels of where i am at now..

i am just kinda in a weird way happy to see someone close to my age posting.. its so hard to explain to my grandmother why she walks faster than i do.. and why i cant take her on 3 hour runs at the supermarket anymore... so yea.... i hope everyone gets better!
  7. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

Remember to take your antibiotics with food.

I had a hard time taking them when I first started. Maybe you won't but food helps with that a lot.

Sandy
  8. sues1

sues1 New Member

I WISH.....and hope and pray the very best for you young ones........

May the end of these treatments start you out to really live the rest of your lives!

You both gave me hope for all of us......

I have raised my children and did much before this started for me. I feel blessed on that part......

Much Love and ,many Blessings......
  9. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

You are on the path to well ness now! Watch out grandma! I am so happy you are fianlly gettinmg answers! keep us posted on how you are doing and if you feel worse just hang in there. There is a rainbow above the clouds! Lynn
  10. wishingonastar

wishingonastar New Member

I'm so glad to hear that you are beginning treatment. I have been going the the FFC in Cleveland and being treated by Dr. Juguilon for the past 11 months and I went from feeling about 15% to now 100%. The protocol definitely worked well for me and now I feel as if I have my life back.

I have taken many of the same supplements and meds that you all are taking and I really felt a big difference after 6 months. I still have a slight remnant of the EBV infection and am working on the Yeast infection, but I can do things that I never thought possible a year ago! You all will too!

Best of luck to you all!

Wishingonastar

P.S. I was born in Pittsburgh and moved to Cleveland when I was 14...While I love Pittsburgh and go back to visit family, I really love Cleveland!

Many Blessings!
  11. castle

castle New Member

HI,I'VE BE IN TREATMENT FOR ABOUT 4MONTHS, I TO FEEL OVER WHELMED AT TIMES. I AM TAKING ABOUT 20 DIFFERENT VIT. AND MEDS. WHICH =60 PILLS A DAY PLUS A FEW MORE TO COME AND ONE CREAM. ALONG WITH HEPARIN SHOTS 2 A DAY AND A FEW MORE PILLS TO COME ALONG WITH ONE CREAM. MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE BEEN VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE TESTS THEY PERFORM. I JUST FOUND OUT I HAVE THE COAGULANT COATING ALONG WITH EHRLICIOSIS AND LYME DISEASE. MY TREATMENTS HAVE NOT WORKED LIKE I HOPED THEY WOULD, BUT WE FEEL THAT AS I GET THE COAGULANT PROBLEM CORRECTED WITH THE HEPARIN SHOTS TO THIN THE BLOOD AND THIS WILL ALLOW THE OTHER MEDICINES TO START WORKING BETTER AND TO CLEAR UP THE OTHER VIRAL AND BACTERIAL INFECTIONS. HANG IN THERE AND GOD BLESS - SCARLETT.
  12. dakotasweett

dakotasweett New Member

I almost was not going to post my results...I thought "who would really care to know". But I am glad I did. I appreciate the support from all of you so much. I definetly have a more hope now that things will improve.

And so far, so good on taking the supplements....although one of them is causing a horrible, metallic taste in my mouth...but I guess that is a small price to pay!

Thank you all very much and I hope you are also on a path to feeling better!

Happy thanksgiving!

-Vanessa