FFC Retesting for Progress Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bpmwriter, Sep 15, 2005.

1. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

For those who have gotten to the point where they're being restested for improvements at the FFC, I'm wondering how they accurately gauge hormonal corrections. It seems they would want to establish an idea whether or not your body is back to making the hormones on its own. Retesting while you're still on supplemental hormones would always appear to present a better picture of health, but what happens when you go off of them, which is obviously the end goal? Any thoughts on this??

Eddie
  2. kbak

kbak Member

I think what their looking for is to see if the hormones your taking are up to the levels that they feel are sufficent for you. Depending on your age, mine being 53, you may never produce hormones sufficently on your own again. Even if your getting better. Tricky stuff. But, these are questions that should be brought up to your doc.
  3. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

I've been going for 5 1/2 months and have not been retested for hormone levels. I can tell you that I had to stop taking cortisol and testosterone due to extreme irritability and anxiety. To me, that says the dosages were too high.

I've also been raising and lowering my T3 to get it right. 50 mcg was too high, 25 too low, so now I'm at 37.5. So far, so good.

What kbak says makes sense to me.

The only retesting I've just had is for candida and liver function. I recently completed 3 months of flucanazole for systemic candida and will soon find out the results...is it truly gone? HOPE SO! The liver function is to make sure that my liver was not adversely impacted by the flucanazole (I did use protective supplements).

Hope I didn't ramble too much!
    Have a great day.
    Hopeful4

4. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

The only thing hormonal I had going on was T3and it had stabilized. She told me I was on the right dose and keep taking it. I was fortunante not to have any other hormone issues. Lynn