FFC Side Effects Phone Calls - $$?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bpmwriter, Oct 2, 2005.

1. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

any of you FFCers know if they charge the full fee for an office visit if you call to check in about possible side effects from medication? i continue to suffer from shortness of breath. it's very episodic, comes and goes, but it's freakin me out. i'm concerned that it's hormone-related (cortisol or thyroid). i was trying to hold off on checking in with the ffc due to the high charge for an office visit, but i hate to try weaning off anything without speaking to them first.

eddie
  2. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I phone and ask the one nurse Donna and she asks the doctor and gets back to me. They don't charge.

If you are having a shortness of breath they need to know.

Cindy
  3. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Seattle. Doc said to call anytime I had questions or anything. I've done that several times. No billing, so no charges. Yes, please call and find out what's going on.

Take Care,

Francie
  4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

By all means, Eddie, if you are having side-effects from medications, they need to know. I have made quite a few calls to them regarding side-effects, questions, problems, need for further explanations, etc. They are always very nice, helpful, and get back to me. They do not charge for these types of calls.

Are you taking cortisol and thyroid medications? I also had problems with these. Are you getting yours from ITC, the compounding pharmacy? You can also call them and ask to speak to a pharmacist. I called them first, before calling the FFC, and the pharmacist was great about answering my questions and giving me suggestions. Again, no charge.

Hope you get this all straightened out, and feel better soon.
    Hopeful4
  5. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

hi all,

thanks for the encouragement to make the call. the doc wants me to stop my thyroid meds completely and see if my shortness of breath resolves. it remains to be seen whether this will resolve the problem or not, but it does make me think; just because the ffc uses bio-identical hormones as opposed to synthetics doesn't mean they are without potential side effects. so everyone be safe out there. listen to your body!

eddie